1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Severe texting problems

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Vicsagerockz, Jun 28, 2013.

1. Vicsagerockz

Vicsagerockz Lurker

Hi all, I've been the owner of my Wildfire since 2010, and within the past 2 months it has suddenly gone from being reliable, to being utterly terrible.

Like an idiot, I forgot to set a limit on the amount of texts each conversation could hold, and now I'm well into a thread with over 6000 messages in it. This has caused a host of problems, from texts taking over 5 minutes to send, not receiving certain messages, and countless error messages telling me to 'force close' the messages app.

Now, that hasn't made it inoperable, but today it has. So overnight I tried deleting the entire thread, and when I woke up this morning IT WAS STILL DELETING. Needless to say I had to switch it off and on again in order to send any messages whatsoever. Ever since then my phone now takes an UNLIMITED amount of time to go through the 'please wait' stage as I'm texting, and it's definitely causing me grievance, as the only way to fix it is to switch it off and on again (to which I keep losing battery life).

I'm getting a new phone within the week hopefully, but it is absolutely VITAL that I get it working today.

All help would be appreciated:)

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Vicsagerockz

Vicsagerockz Lurker

Never mind, just did a factory reset. Hopefully that fixes everything.

HTC Wildfire Forum

The HTC Wildfire release date was May 2010. Features and Specs include a 3.2" inch screen, 5MP camera, 384GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1300mAh battery.

May 2010
Release Date
Reviews