• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

SF does have noise cancellation !

dan409

Apr 15, 2010
Was reading a review at AnandTech and it says:

On the left are the volume rocker button and a port for the secondary microphone for noise cancellation. You can follow that port inside to a small chamber where the microphone is. There aren't any markers on the volume rocker - then again up and down are pretty obvious. The volume rocker is also a multipurpose zoom control in the browser and camera application, which is probably part of why it's left unmarked.

Here is the link if you wanna check it out

Samsung Fascinate Review: Verizon's Galaxy S Smartphone - AnandTech :: Your Source for Hardware Analysis and News

Thats not a port for noise cancellation. It is there to put a strap on the phone. Check the Fascinate user manual. Thats a pretty big fail on Anandtech's part.

There is however a sub-microphone next to the front speaker. It only works when you are on speaker phone or when capturing video. Pretty silly spot for it if you ask me. The could have put it on the top or side of the phone and use it for noise cancellation.

Upvote 0
Thats not a port for noise cancellation. It is there to put a strap on the phone. Check the Fascinate user manual. Thats a pretty big fail on Anandtech's part.

There is however a sub-microphone next to the front speaker. It only works when you are on speaker phone or when capturing video. Pretty silly spot for it if you ask me. The could have put it on the top or side of the phone and use it for noise cancellation.

how the heck would you put a strap there? there is one tiny hole- no strap i have ever seen would fit there... I think there is a bit of fail there, too. and, the only manual i have seen has phandroid all over it-- there was none in my box... maybe it was written by phandroid and not samsung? which sugests that IT could be wrong too.

looking at it, I'd be more likely to say- mic.

Upvote 0
I
how the heck would you put a strap there? there is one tiny hole- no strap i have ever seen would fit there... I think there is a bit of fail there, too. and, the only manual i have seen has phandroid all over it-- there was none in my box... maybe it was written by phandroid and not samsung? which sugests that IT could be wrong too.

It is a wrist strap/phone trinket hole. If you take your battery cover off you can see where you slip the string loop into and the hole further in with a plastic stud is where you slip the loop over to secure the strap.

Reactions: Destination: Moon
Upvote 0

Here you go. Took me 5 seconds to find for you.

Samsung

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones