1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

SG2 Problems with USB and wifi/ data connection

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Kibbster, Apr 12, 2012.

1. Kibbster

Kibbster Android Expert

I've got a couple of random issues with my SG2, they aren't serious but still an annoyance.

1)
    When plugged in and charging from my PC, I can hear the PC mount and unmount the USB storage every few minutes.
    I have no idea what's causing it unless the phone is powering down USB then the PC is asking for it to be powered back up?
    Not the end of the world but wondered if that was normal.

2)
    More annoyingly I quite often seem to have full strength wifi signal with a valid IP address, apps open up then will sit there trying to connect for a minute or so then either fall over or say there's no internet connection.
    Other times the internet 3G or Wifi is blazing fast but it seems a little random.
    Going in and out of flight mode seems to fix this for a while till the next time.
    This only started happing fairly recently.

3)
    Does everyone else's phone drive their speakers crazy when it's near them, old school interference that I thought had been done away with with the new smartphones?
    iPhone3G and Desire never did this but the SG2 interferes like mad when it's charging off the PC, the phones not even being used at the time.

I think that about covers it, I doubt my phone is faulty but just wondered if these things could be avoided or are they just "features" to be tolerated?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

Samsung Galaxy S2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1650mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews