1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support SG2 Skype Issues

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Dopeysmith, Nov 20, 2011.

1. Dopeysmith

Dopeysmith Lurker
    None

Nov 20, 2011
    Apologies if this is a known issue, the search on this site isn't easy to refine.

I live in the US & rely on Skype to communicate with my family back home. My Dad used to have a Skype enabled phone through 3 which worked flawlessly. He has since bought a Samsung Galaxy 2 & ever since there have been problems.

Sometimes he appears online, but when you call it drops off & goes to voice mail, but most of the time I'll login on my pc & he will appear offline. I'll then call him on his old mobile & the most used comment these days is "I'll call you back". I then see him come online & he comes through.

What's strange is that during the night when he is most certainly asleep, I see his phone come on & off line every hour or so (guestimate).

What's going on, why can't he use this as a true Skype phone (is it something he is doing, or should he return the phone?).

BTW, I have a Xoom Wifi & Skype works fine (now video is working) with a Verizon mifi, so I'm familiar with Android & pretty sure the issue isn't at my end.

Thanks,
    Danny.

Advertisement