• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help SGH-I777 quits during update?

Hello, so I received the text from AT&T saying that ICS had been released and was ready to update through Kies. So I backed up my data through Kies (and contacts backed up elsewhere just in case), and started the update. After it downloads the initial files, my phone goes into the download mode (Green Android guy with text underneath saying do not disconnect), but the download box on my mac disappears and I get an error message shortly after saying,

"The application SGH-I777 has quit unexpectedly, blah blah blah.."

basically your typical Mac error message.

However, my phone remains in download mode. I was able to shut it off, reboot it, and still have everything on my phone. I was just wondering how I can actually complete the ICS download through Kies if this keeps happening? I've tried this 3 times and had the same thing happen all 3 times, so I figured I would see if anyone here knew anything that could help me out. Thanks!

I have had the exact same problem. (Note that I have never rooted my phone, etc.)
I decided to try Samsung support live chat. After walking the support person twice through the experience, and a soft reboot once, I got the following:
" I request you to connect your device on PC and check if you can upgrade."

About to grab my work computer (a PC) and see if it does any better than my Mac. Will post again if it solves the problem.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones