1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support SGH-i777 Revive

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by loadedmind, Jul 31, 2013.

1. loadedmind

loadedmind Lurker
    None

Feb 27, 2013
    Hi all. I have the SGH-i777 S2. It took a hit direct onto the concrete. The screen is cracked, but it appears that the bottom keys are lighting up when I press the power button. It's been rooted with CyanogenMod 9. I never could get DropBear SSH server to work right. At this point, I've tried installing the full Samsung USB drivers direct from Samsung's site (the one that Windows is the only option) as well as Kies from Samsung and others.

What I'd like to know is, since I can't see the phone's menu settings to turn on USB debugging and, thus, pull contacts, notes and other items off of it, I need to know what you guys would do from this point. There are some contacts and information within Notes that are critical to me so I don't mind buying another phone to cannibalize the hardware if need be. I was told the digitizer is toast. I've already bought the AT&T S4 Active and have been using that for the past couple of weeks so that I can use something in the interim as portable internet is critical for my job.

Any/all feedback is more than welcome.

Advertisement

2. leo9891

leo9891 Member
    None

Dec 22, 2011
    Male
    Military
    JBLM, Washington
    If your contacts were backed up with your gmail account, you should be able to recover your contacts on your S4 Active. If you were using the stock notes so on your old S2, you are SOL, I don't think it had a sync option built in. If you were using a 3rd party app that supports syncing, you would be able to recover those as well.

Try using Google's note app, Keep. It's very easy to use and it syncs to your gmail automatically.

More than likely though, you should be able to get your contacts, unless you disabled sync.