• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root SGH t-599n Stock Deodexed ROM

GTurn

Android Enthusiast
Apr 3, 2012
Dallas, TX
WARNING Don't Factory reset from the phone settings.

Please Do a factory reset in cwm and wipe dalvick cache before you flash this ROM.

This is just a deodexed stock rom for use as a base for themes or modding
I didn't debloat it. It still has every app that came with the phone stock.

Just flash it in CWM

I have flashed it to my device and it is working fine.

Flash at your own risk

Please

EDIT: The new download should be working

DOWNLOAD LINK
http://www.mediafire.com/download/t9x83pu8tnpxc99

hell yea :3 thanks for this my guy i understand it was hard to get going but much appreciated

also on another note i found this AOSB Project (ProBAM ROM) maybe you can port this i am going to give it a go my self just a thought for a pretty penny you gave to us

sounds good. Its a little above my knowledge but i can learn what i need to try it. do you want to start a thread for it or i can. we can collaborate on it. it may just be the two of us that are interested but thats cool with me. i am really doing this to learn as much as i can about android development.
i am working on a custom rom for this phone. i will make another thread for it and post it up later today. i dont know how many people here have this phone or are interested in these roms but i am doing it so i will have a place to share with my friends that have this phone. i have a few friends that bought this phone last month.

Upvote 0
sounds good. Its a little above my knowledge but i can learn what i need to try it. do you want to start a thread for it or i can. we can collaborate on it. it may just be the two of us that are interested but thats cool with me. i am really doing this to learn as much as i can about android development.
i am working on a custom rom for this phone. i will make another thread for it and post it up later today. i dont know how many people here have this phone or are interested in these roms but i am doing it so i will have a place to share with my friends that have this phone. i have a few friends that bought this phone last month.

i want to say thanks for this is good but you forget to add the format line it just flash but it.dont delete the odex so you need to add the format line in the script the way it delete all and then install the rom thanks again

Upvote 0
i want to say thanks for this is good but you forget to add the format line it just flash but it.dont delete the odex so you need to add the format line in the script the way it delete all and then install the rom thanks again

The ROM it self is deodex just factory resit and wipe in cwm and then install

Upvote 0

this is actually what was giving me trouble. so i did it the way it is. when i flash it to my phone now none of the deodex files are present.

Edit: did you actually flash it and see if the odex files are still present on your phone?

Upvote 0
okay. i see what is going on. the recoveries for this phone arent working properly. i dont think they are actually doing a factory reset. i wiped the phone in cwm and did reset but i still had the apps on my phone i had before i did it plus the apps with the stock deodexed rom when i booted up again. i tried to do a factory reset through the phones settings and now the phone is stuck in a boot loop. i am reflashing the prerooted rom in odin now. it flashed perfectly 2 days ago but i do remember that i had just flashed the preroot and cwm because i had gotten stuck in a boot loop when i was trying to build the rom. let me confirm this.

Upvote 0
okay. i see what is going on. the recoveries for this phone arent working properly. i dont think they are actually doing a factory reset. i wiped the phone in cwm and did reset but i still had the apps on my phone i had before i did it plus the apps with the stock deodexed rom when i booted up again. i tried to do a factory reset through the phones settings and now the phone is stuck in a boot loop. i am reflashing the prerooted rom in odin now. it flashed perfectly 2 days ago but i do remember that i had just flashed the preroot and cwm because i had gotten stuck in a boot loop when i was trying to build the rom. let me confirm this.
Good work!
I was going crazy on trying to write a simple script that would work. ..

Upvote 0

thats great but i am relearning how to code im smarting off small and working my way up. if you could recommend a few tuts on building and moding like what tools and such i should use that would be great i actually love this phone one of the few besides the galaxy preval that i enjoyed.

i tired to make the touch recovery for that arm6 device and ended up hard bricking the phone not knowing what i was doing.

Upvote 0
thats great but i am relearning how to code im smarting off small and working my way up. if you could recommend a few tuts on building and moding like what tools and such i should use that would be great i actually love this phone one of the few besides the galaxy preval that i enjoyed.

i tired to make the touch recovery for that arm6 device and ended up hard bricking the phone not knowing what i was doing.

Ok I took the rom to kitchen last night and I flash I end with a boot loop so what I see is a need the boot.img on the rom when it flash I think you need to add the boot.img what you use to build

Upvote 0
Ok I took the rom to kitchen last night and I flash I end with a boot loop so what I see is a need the boot.img on the rom when it flash I think you need to add the boot.img what you use to build

Hmmm I did a dump of my current file system using archandroid kitchen "cause I am using Ubuntu with very little skill in coding" I was able to deodex add busy box root init adb support and even unpack the kernel this is hard part for Me my boot.IMG is philz recovery. I can't figure out what recovery to use as far as a stable one

-edit-
In order to build the ROM I used gturns deodex meta file and it went through but didn't add anything to it I remember seeing a bunch of different meta scripts before that had a lot more code then DAT I don't see anything about umounting formatting or actually installing. Maybe we should use a different meta script or add to it.

I have recovery.IMG.tar from xda forums for this phone but I would prefer a zip flash if I could

Upvote 0
Okay so after flashing this it done nothing I even went inside my system and renamed a odex file and tried the app it crashed on me

-edited- to open from cm 10.1

assert(getprop("ro.product.device") == "codinaMetroPCS" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "codinaMetroPCS" ||
getprop("ro.product.device") == "codinamtr" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "codinamtr" ||
getprop("ro.product.device") == "SGH-T599N" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "SGH-T599N");
mount("ext4", "EMMC", "/dev/block/mmcblk0p22", "/system");
package_extract_file("system/bin/backuptool.sh", "/tmp/backuptool.sh");
package_extract_file("system/bin/backuptool.functions", "/tmp/backuptool.functions");
set_perm(0, 0, 0777, "/tmp/backuptool.sh");
set_perm(0, 0, 0644, "/tmp/backuptool.functions");
run_program("/tmp/backuptool.sh", "backup");
unmount("/system");
show_progress(0.500000, 0);
format("ext4", "EMMC", "/dev/block/mmcblk0p22", "0", "/system");
package_extract_dir("system", "/system");
symlink("/system/xbin/su", "/system/bin/su");

Notice a difference in your script @Gturn ?
This one is wiping the system directory and is replacing it with the files it was told to do so. You script flash's no doubt but that's all it does I'm going to mod it a little and see what I can come up with. I haven't been to bed yet I been up all night readjng n studying. This is my first time actually writing code for phones I uselly just mess with HTML or CSS and other software/hardware hacking. Ilol

Upvote 0
Sorry guys. I thought i had it done. I do have a few new ideas and i am going to start from scratch though. If one of you manage to get it done before i do let me know and i will post it in this thread and give you all the credit.

Nah my brother I do this for the thrill and fun headaches and finger typing is team work :3

Upvote 0
Okay so after flashing this it done nothing I even went inside my system and renamed a odex file and tried the app it crashed on me

-edited- to open from cm 10.1

assert(getprop("ro.product.device") == "codinaMetroPCS" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "codinaMetroPCS" ||
getprop("ro.product.device") == "codinamtr" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "codinamtr" ||
getprop("ro.product.device") == "SGH-T599N" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "SGH-T599N");
package_extract_file("system/bin/backuptool.sh", "/tmp/backuptool.sh");
package_extract_file("system/bin/backuptool.functions", "/tmp/backuptool.functions");
set_perm(0, 0, 0777, "/tmp/backuptool.sh");
set_perm(0, 0, 0644, "/tmp/backuptool.functions");
run_program("/tmp/backuptool.sh", "backup");
unmount("/system");
show_progress(0.500000, 0);
format("ext4", "EMMC", "/dev/block/mmcblk0p22", "0", "/system");
package_extract_dir("system", "/system");
symlink("/system/xbin/su", "/system/bin/su");

Notice a difference in your script @Gturn ?
This one is wiping the system directory and is replacing it with the files it was told to do so. You script flash's no doubt but that's all it does I'm going to mod it a little and see what I can come up with. I haven't been to bed yet I been up all night readjng n studying. This is my first time actually writing code for phones I uselly just mess with HTML or CSS and other software/hardware hacking. Ilol
Ok if you put the system and boot.img in kitchen and build the kitchen will made that script I did that but I forget to put the boot.img it have to be in a zip file both files system folder and boot.img

Upvote 0
Ok if you put the system and boot.img in kitchen and build the kitchen will made that script I did that but I forget to put the boot.img it have to be in a zip file both files system folder and boot.img

For me i had to unpack the tar image from a nanddroid back up I made which allowed me to put it in my project folder there for skipping that step and then I had boot and recovery image in the same path but it did not make a proper update-script sure I missed a step the reason why I am doing it like this is cause I was a little caution of flashing with phillz touch 5 but after I was able to make a back up of my system I dumped it and the boot.IMG and recovery are the cwm versions

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones