• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help SGH-T589: Screen lights up, but no display

Lolz911

Lurker
Sep 3, 2012
Hi there, Im having a head-ache issue with my Samsung Gravity smart, SGH-T589. Basically whats happening is that, whenever I press any button, or slide the screen, the touch screen lights up but it doesn't display anything. In addition, when I touch around on the black lit-up screen, it responses and the such, as my phone still makes those little clicking noises when you touch on an app or something, etc. The ultimate issue is for some reason, unless I reboot the phone, or repeatedly press the power button or flip open my phone, theres a small chance that it will display the actual screen and instead, it will just stay a black, lit-up screen. Any Solution to this?

Stuff I've tried to fix it:
1.Master Reset from the T-mobile site

2. Recovering your Samsung Gravity Smart wiki guide - Although it says it is meant to reset back to Stock Settings, but when I turn on my phone, after I followed all the steps, I still see my old apps and the such; not sure if it meant it was suppose to basically reset it as if it was in stock condition or just the configurations.

Thanks for all the help!

EDIT: I basically resolved it, spoke with t-mobile, it seems to be a hardware issue thats been commonly reported to samsung; their only solution is a phone exchange. Not much help or alternative apparently.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones