1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support SGH-t989 Odin disaster Black screen

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by nightcorona, Jul 20, 2013.

1. nightcorona

nightcorona Lurker
    None

Jul 20, 2013
    I accidently had repartition checked in odin when I was trying to re root my phone. It will not turn on it wont even vibrate when I try power. It wont go into download mode or even show the charging battery. I did notice it will connect in Odin, but nothing will load. Is there anyway to bring it back???
    Help!!!!!!!!!!

Advertisement

WILKIN NANO likes this.
  2. Atma

Atma Extreme Android User
    None

Dec 26, 2011
    Male
    Survival
    North Carolina
    Welcome to the forums nightcorona :hello:

Sorry to hear about your phone. If you can't get in download mode there isn't much you can do. If you know someone with an LG phone you can try their USB cable to see if it will go into download mode. Strangely enough that has worked for some. You could try a USB jig to get to download mode. You can usually find them on eBay but I think they ship from China so it may take a while. You can also contact mobiletechvideos.com and ask them if their JTAG service would help with that problem.

If you can get it into download mode, you need to find a .pit file for the phone. You would use Odin to flash it at the same time you flash the ROM .tar. Select the ROM through PDA and the .pit through pit and flash both together. This time you would want to have repartition selected.

3. nightcorona

nightcorona Lurker
    None

Jul 20, 2013
    I am having hard time finding pit file for the phone. I try to load it but it gets to the setupconnecton line then stops. I thank you for your quick reply. Do you know where the pit file is for this phone? What stock rom should I be trying to load.

4. Atma

Atma Extreme Android User
    None

Dec 26, 2011
    Male
    Survival
    North Carolina
    Samsung T989 .pit file badly needed - GSM-Forum

I had a hard time finding one too. Check that thread and there is a link for what is supposed to be the pit file. Flash it with the uvli4 stock ROM. The link for it is in that thread and also in the Odin sticky above.

Good luck :)

5. vishal patel

vishal patel Lurker
    None

Dec 24, 2014
    Male