1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Sgii gc01 issue

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by NosTraDomus, Jul 1, 2013.

1. NosTraDomus

NosTraDomus Well-Known Member

so, i have the SGII, GC01, Rooted, with the agat kernel...

what i wanted to do was, install CWM to in stall a custom ROM, which was said that CWM is needed.

i try to flash CWM (many versions i chose EPIC 4G TOUCH)
    i takes it, but reboots and its gone...

is there another kernel i can odin over that has CWM or TWRP with it?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. greg schmeg

greg schmeg Guest

What ROM are you trying to install?

3. exgenmeikoj

exgenmeikoj Android Enthusiast

IMO the cwm kernel for gc01 agats1.40 is a bad cookie, reason why is because when ever i type on the keyboard or use for vary long extended times it causes a huge lag and the vibratior just goes haywire. It does this everytime. Even listening to music. I'm on gc01 deblaoted and deoxdex it doesn't matter what mods i have installed it still causes this. Though this has nothing to do with your question i just thought i post this for any other poor soul to know before they flash the kernel

4. Codegerm

Codegerm Android Expert

You can't just install another recovery on this phone. The recovery is tied to the kernel. Follow the instructions that are in the thread post for the ROM you wish to install. if it states to use something like el26 or el29 then you need to flash that kernel and boot into its recovery.

As for kernels for TW JB, I chose to stick with the kernel from Garwynn. It has shone to be quite stable and it is easy enough to enable init.d support if needed.

bilgerryan, greg schmeg and Doc like this.
  5. Gendo420

Gendo420 Android Enthusiast

Flash Cm10.1 on there, it comes with CWM, you can replace it with TWRP if you feel like it.

6. NosTraDomus

7. greg schmeg

greg schmeg Guest

Because its aosp

bilgerryan likes this.
  8. bilgerryan

bilgerryan Android Enthusiast

Download Mobile Odin Lite from the Play Store or XDA. Download Agat's v1.3 (stable version, get the .tar file)-here. Flash with Mobile Odin. It will reboot and you'll have a custom recovery.

9. bilgerryan

bilgerryan Android Enthusiast

Agat's v1.4 is still being ironed out with test versions, he no longer has the device. Use v1.3 it is stable and allows for under/overclocking and undervolting. Best kernel for TouchWiz IMO. Garwynn's is good too, they worked on the source together.

10. NosTraDomus

thanks for the suggestion, but im on gc01 i hate going back...
    from stock to rooted kernel w/recovery i used SXTP_Agat_GC01-v0.5.0.tar

its stable...only issue is 4g areas, theres no 4g and it trys to get back 3g but brainfarts and reboots

i get excellent speeds on 3g and boost's on 4g

i dont much like the AGAT recovery, but the kernel is stable for me
    (i just popped a small marble sized zit on back of ear...ive been growing it for weeks,have to go clean it now)

11. Codegerm

Codegerm Android Expert

0.4.1 of the Garwynn one has CWM if you prefer that.

12. NosTraDomus

am i blind...i googled that kernel...i see mention of differences..but no actual page about it...or a link to download it

i did see it was used in a GB27..

is this Garwynn one GC01 ?

--edited/updated---
    i found what your talking about, i think,
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2216606

but thats what i used. so the GC01 must be agat recovery, the older one GB27 must be with CWM

now time to watch world war Z

13. Codegerm

Codegerm Android Expert

You do know that GC01 is just the boost labeled version of the same ROM GB27 is. The kernels can be used on each other. Except for labeling (in the kernel info under about device) the kernels are the same. Here is the link. Look carefully on the link you will see the link to the previous versions of the kernel he did for GC01.

To make things clear for you the GB27, GC01 etc is the build number to identify ROM type it is meant to go with (ie TW JB or TW ICS etc), and is not the version number for the kernel.

[KERNEL][JB][SOURCE][BST] GC01 + Agat's Recovery

Capn069, NosTraDomus and Doc like this.

Samsung Galaxy S2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1650mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews