1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

General SGP 4.2 and Spotify

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy Players' started by joggy, Aug 18, 2012.

1. joggy

joggy Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2010
    Can anyone with a SGP 4.2 confirm that Spotify works on it?

I'm looking into upgrading and am a heavy Spotify user. Googling around, I've found no definitive answers on whether this app works on the SGP 4.2 or not.

Thanks in advance.

Advertisement

2. glassmancheck

glassmancheck Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2012
    I'm not a Spotify user, but I do use iHeart Radio and TuneIn Radio with no problems on my SGP 5. After looking at Spotify on the App Store it looks like a similar app, correct? Spotify calls for Android 2.1 and up, check (SGP's OS is 2.35).

Maybe a Spotify user will confirm my theory.

3. dumbth

dumbth Member

Aug 20, 2012
    I ordered a 4.2 in hopes of running pandora, tunein, and spotify, so should know in a few days. I expect only spotify radio will work for free... they only seem to allow the fuller featured version to run free on non mobile. I have been able to search and seed that radio on earlier and later versions of mobile android... a clumsy process.

4. joggy

joggy Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2010
    Thanks for the replies. Much appreciated.

I do already use the Spotify app on my GSIII & HTC Incredible (runs great on both), but wondered if it ran on the SGP. I'm at a point where I need to upgrade my PMP from an old iPod Touch and am leaning towards the SGP line, specifically the 4.2, so I can move further away from relying on Apple products.

Sounds like I'll probably be OK then. Thanks

5. brosko

brosko Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2012
    i think you can be almost certain that it will work on the sgp. 95% of apps do!

6. dumbth

dumbth Member

Aug 20, 2012
    It worked for me in free radio mode. Took a little prodding as a freeloader, and helped to up the stream quality option if you are using headhones.

joggy likes this.
  7. joggy

joggy Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2010
    Cool...thanks for checking, dumbth!