• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

SGP case review for the Nitro

Bmxant

Jul 31, 2011
Crosspost from XDA, not that many of you are reading this forum anyways. :eek:

Hey guys, just figured I'd share my thoughts on the SGP case for the LG Nitro HD, or should I say LG Optimus LTE.

First off the build quality is good, it feels just like a Diztronic case, but slightly smoother. The cutouts are fine, but I wish that the Volume and Power button had a cutout as well. This isn't a big deal though as the Volume buttons are easy enough to press. (The Power button sometimes gives me a little trouble, but it's not a huge issue). The main problem with the case is that it has that stupid Antenna cutout that's not needed for the US version. Very lazy on SGP's part.

The case is fairly snug, but it does seem a tad loose in a few areas. It's not going anywhere, but it just doesn't fit like a Diztronic case. I'm not saying the phone moves around in it, but there's some slight play if you press on the sides of the case. Here are some pictures, probably the best you're going to get in this lighting. I tried to get a macro shot so you could see the screen protector that I just complained about, but the edges don't show in pics, it actually looks like there's no screen protector on the device.

Thanks for reading, I hope this helped some of you.

Reactions: mgoblueno1

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones