1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Tips SGP Flex

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by tysoncrosby21, Mar 19, 2012.

1. tysoncrosby21

tysoncrosby21 Lurker
    None

Mar 19, 2012
    I installed an SGP flex on my Nexus, problem is now just through every day use I have dents and divots in the protector, not scratches, dents in the rubber material that I can feel when my finger slides over them. Can I warm up the protector with a blow dryer and "buff" these out with a microfiber cloth?

Advertisement

2. mustardtiger

mustardtiger Member
    None

Dec 31, 2011
    Same thing on mine. To clarify for anyone else, we're not talking about bubbles, these are little depressions in the material itself. Almost like sporadic orange peel texture. Not sure how to correct; if that can even be done.

It's still nicer than a Zagg or one of those hard film deals, so I'm fine with the little "dents".

Better the protector than my screen!

3. hotstuff5964

hotstuff5964 Member
    None

Jan 8, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    I'm not totally satisfied with SGP screen protectors. Orange peel texture aside (Which I hate, even though it's no where near as bad as Zagg), the indentations and blemishes in the plastic suck. Both of my protectors had very noticeable flaws before I even took them off the card. I thought maybe they would go away after a few days, but nope, still there a week later. Whatever, it gets the job done.

Tags: