1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

SGP is the best Selling Samsung phone in 2011

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by chevanlol360, Aug 10, 2012.

1. chevanlol360

chevanlol360 Android Expert

wyelkins likes this.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood

Enjoy the title while it lasts, because the s3 is gonna be the new king this year
    ;)

3. ratjr15

ratjr15 Newbie

Doubt it... I know more ppl still picking up $100 prevails as opposed to the $600 s3.... I'd love 1, but can't justify the cost...

Rarewolf likes this.
  4. wyelkins

wyelkins Android Expert

Almost 3 MILLION! WOW!

Makes you wonder how many are Rooted and how many put up with crappy unrooted stock?

And of the rooted how many use a custom ROM?

Any ROMS available from anywhere besides AF?

I know we will never see these stats but it represents a base big enough to make Hroark and BloodDawn rich. Not to mention Kouma...

5. DarkJedi

DarkJedi Android Enthusiast

I would also think that Straight Talk's Samsung Galaxy Proclaim might get some high numbers. $45/mo unlimited everything on Verizon's network. Such a success, that WalMart can't seem to keep them in stock very well since its launch a couple of months ago.

6. kolosus

kolosus Android Expert

I doubt if the proclaim is on Verizon's network. Its probably on Sprint's network. Looking at the prl might give you a clue.

7. Rarewolf

Rarewolf Android Expert

You'll have to add in the broken prevails. Bricked prevails. Wet prevails. Exploded prevails... well there's more ways a prevail can break. But you get your missing equation piece right? Lolz

wyelkins likes this.
  8. DarkJedi

DarkJedi Android Enthusiast

With 100% certainty, the Proclaim (sold by both NET10 and Straight Talk) are on Verizon's network. Several solid reasons:

1. When you program the phone (*22890) the voice says "Welcome to Verizon Wireless. This call is airtime free."
    2. The box shows the Verizon coverage area map and uses the Verizon service mark of "Nationwide Coverage on America's Largest Most Reliable Network".
    3. The box has the code "CDMA-V" which is Straight Talk's code for Verizon phones.
    4. Google Play shows the phone as a "Verizon Samsung SCH-S720C"
    5. When I registered the phone with Google Voice it came up as "Verizon"
    6. And the PRL is 59289 which is not any of Sprint's PRLs.

Hope that helps! (Press "Thanks" in lower right of this post if it does)

9. Savage Shadows

Savage Shadows Android Enthusiast

While the sales have gone down a considerable amount since their fist quarter (666 thousand units in 2011 Q3, vs 301 thousand units 2012 Q2), keep in mind that the Prevail has only been on the market one year at the time that chart was made. That being said, it still out sold devices on the market twice as long. In fact, it even sold more than twice the units the Vibrant did, and in only half the time.

wyelkins likes this.
  10. Chitravani

Chitravani Lurker

I had no idea how popular it was but found it at Target for $50 last week. Mods are easy and its a sweet little phone...I'm embarrassed to say I prefer it to my Droid X. No wonder they sold lots.

Samsung Galaxy Prevail Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Prevail release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 3.2" inch screen, 2MP camera, GB RAM, MSM7627-3 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews