1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

General SGS 2 Internal ROM storage?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by manutdonline, Feb 14, 2011.

1. manutdonline

manutdonline Newbie

Anyone knows what internal app storage space is going to be on the Galaxy S 2?

I've got an HTC Desire and it's only got 170mb+ which is really annoying. I'd thought the Nexus S having 16gb internal storage would allow all the space to be used but found out only 1gb was assigned for app installation. What a letdown!

Advertisement

2. BitHeroes

BitHeroes Newbie

There will be 2 versions, either 16GB or 32GB, and it will support MicroSD up to 32GB.

Gingerbread has a really nice app management feature, so it's easy to move apps between internal and external storage.

3. snapper.fishes

snapper.fishes Android Expert

You can getting it wrong.

The Galaxy S has a internal rom of 2GB, so I would guess that the S2 would also have something similar. But I don't think we will know for sure until the final product is released.

4. BitHeroes

BitHeroes Newbie

Well I was just specifying what is known so far.

I really can't wait for this phone. Still using my ancient hero :(

5. vido.ardes

vido.ardes Android Expert

Same here, my little Hero has done well, but I am looking for a new dual core beastie.... this is winning out so far!

6. manutdonline

manutdonline Newbie

Definitely excited about what HTC will unveil at MWC on Tuesday.. I'd definitely go for HTC over Samsung if the specs are similar - better build quality and support I reckon.

7. NZtechfreak

NZtechfreak Android Expert

Well you can forget HTC, their announcements were rubbish, they've given the high end up completely with their latest crop of devices. Hope they can pick it up later in the year.

8. manutdonline

manutdonline Newbie

Agreed! I'm thoroughly disappointed... looks like i might spring for a Galaxy S 2.... shame about HTC.

9. KING LUFF

KING LUFF Well-Known Member

100% agree with you on this one, looks like i'm doing the same:D

10. Trev186

Trev186 Well-Known Member

Samsung S2 all the way

Htc basically just released phones which have slightly more power than my Nexus one

11. manutdonline

manutdonline Newbie

still nothing on internal storage? anyone? :thinking:

12. vido.ardes

vido.ardes Android Expert

Samsung Galaxy S II DemoThis video (which is a nice video to watch if you are interested in this phone) shows avalible internal storage as 1.68GB (pause at 0:34), which is more than enough for me as I have been living with a HTC Hero with ~100MB space!

13. manutdonline

manutdonline Newbie

lovely, thanks for your reply.

quite a dealbreaker for me... was thinking of the Nexus S as I'd really like a vanilla android phone but it had 1 gb...1.68gb sounds perfect!

Now, I'm wondering if 4.3" screen is too large. lol.

14. batman25

batman25 Well-Known Member

2gb is not enough. In the world of bloatware and apps it will quickly run out of space unless you root. I think that 4" should be the limit on phones. Any larger and it stop being pocketable.

15. manutdonline

manutdonline Newbie

what does the iphone do? not that i'm thinking of getting one, but just wondering if they limit internal rom storage as well...

i'm using about 100mb+ on HTC Desire, and that's me being selective about what i install. With App2SD I think i might be able to live with 2gb, but that's just me.

16. NZtechfreak

NZtechfreak Android Expert

Really? How many apps do you have?

My SGS has 1.8GB available free for the user (so probably much the same as the SGS2), and it seems near limitless to me. I have about 80 apps, including lots of stuff like Gameloft titles, none of it moved to SD, and have yet to get any warning about space. You do realise most apps are only a few MBs?

17. emceephi

emceephi Lurker

The iphone has no limit on app storage. There are tons of 3D games which are hundreds of MB big. IE Infinity Blade is 585 MB. All apps, games, music, pictures, etc. use up the same storage space. Of course, we all know Android gets around this by allowing apps to store extra data on the SD card. Still, it's a minor annoyance to manage apps this way.

Sorry if I brought up an old thread. I was just searching Google to find more info about the S2. I currently have a Mytouch 4g which had 1.1Gb of free space at first. I'm already down to only 390MB free and I wish I had more. Before that, I had a Nexus One which was always low on storage. And even worse, I had the G1 before that which only had a 256MB rom and no way to move apps to SD lol. It's a wonder I stuck with android for so long. :eek: