1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support SGS 2 Phone Ringer is Erratic...sometimes rings, sometimes doesn't...HELP!!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by TheMegastar, Jun 10, 2011.

1. TheMegastar

TheMegastar Member
    None

Jun 10, 2011
    I own the new SGS 2 since one week and I have noticed that there seems to be some problem with my phone ringer. When someone calls me, it does NOT ring on first try when the screen is off (timed out). On second try it does. Sometimes not even on second try. It is random, half the time it rings when someone calls me and half the time it doesn't. Is it due to interference from some application I've installed? I have over 100 apps installed. Or is it due to some Power Saving setting? PLS HELP!!

Advertisement

2. TheMegastar

TheMegastar Member
    None

Jun 10, 2011
    One more thing, when the phone fails to ring for a number of times, I find that the Volume on my Ringer has been set to Zero level. When I raise the volume, it starts ringing again as normal. But how does the volume of the phone ringer go to muted level without my knowledge? Is some application muting my ringer at various times? Does anyone have any idea about this problem?

3. TheMegastar

TheMegastar Member
    None

Jun 10, 2011
    Hello! Can anyone answer this?? Is anyone from Samsung reading this?? Am still waiting.

4. daivik

daivik Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 19, 2010
    I'm guessing it's an app that's causing it. You need to look at any apps that have control over that. Alarms? Profile setters? anything like that. Doubt it's the phones fault.

5. TheMegastar

TheMegastar Member
    None

Jun 10, 2011
    Hi Daivik, that was my guess too.....so I tested the phone after removing all my applications including the Alarm Plus Pro latest version which I was using. But the problem persisted even after that. It could be a problem with PROFILE setting also but surprisingly there is no Option of setting Profiles (of caller ringtones in SGS 2). There is just one option of "Silent Mode" in the Sound option under Settings, which you can either check or uncheck in the box. There are no pre-set Profiles options in the phone.

Nevertheless, since I was facing one more problem in the phone......that it was unable to connect via bluetooth with my Dell BH200 Headet or to the Kies application on my laptop....so they've offered to replace my handset. I will be getting a new one on Monday.