• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help SGS not booting properly

mudy

Lurker
Aug 7, 2010
Hi guys,

I am new to android OS trying to get head around with my new mobile phone Galaxy S (second Android after my biggest mistake HTC Dream). It was a great little [big] phone until it started freeezing. like any other handset i thought i might have installed to many apps, hence, i went forth to reset everything through the settings option. now the phone doesn't boot at all. I tried googling around but couldn't find any help. I can see galaxy GT-i9000 and the the rainbow "S" and galaxy S underneath and after that the screen goes blank. I thought restoring through computer or reloading the firmware would fix this issue; and now i discovered that even Kies have issues with drivers installation for this handset. i am not sure what to do. my computer is running windows 7 64 bit. i also tried the hard reset i found in few website: pressing volume down and then pressing power button and blah-blah...... but can't see nothing past the rainbow S screen. any help would be much-much appreciated.

thanks in advance.

Thanks for the advise! I've already downloaded Odin and the Australian Optus Firmware; but the main problem is my computer won't recognize the device!!!! I've installed Kies latest version - uninstalled it and again reinstalled it hoping that it would get fixed but it didn't do any good!!! Is there any other USB drivers I could try without installing Kies???

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones