• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help SGS1 Internal Memmory problem

Exzizer

Lurker
Jun 1, 2013
I have a rooted, MIUI(ICS) SGS1.
I have only an internal 16gb sd card and it has 2 partiotions: Internal memory and external memmory. The internal memmory contains 1.87gb and the rest is in the external memmory. The problem is that i have installed apps only up to 400mb, and even used App2SD but still it says i have "Not enough space on internal memmory" to install more or sometimes even update the existing.
My file manager, Wifi file manager and the App MGR III all say that i have about 1.48gb of free space. I have toconstantly clear my cache every 4 days in order for the phone to function normally, because if i dont clear the cache or install another app every living proccess starts to die, even background proccesses you cant close through the Task killer start to crash and any app i open closes instantly.

I Have tried to create a partition(512MB) through the CWM and use the Link2SD app but instead it redused my internal memmory to 480mb and the external remained the same(i think)-14.6GB.

Dont know what to do.. Please help!:s::s:

I have a rooted, MIUI(ICS) SGS1.
I have only an internal 16gb sd card and it has 2 partiotions: Internal memory and external memmory. The internal memmory contains 1.87gb and the rest is in the external memmory. The problem is that i have installed apps only up to 400mb, and even used App2SD but still it says i have "Not enough space on internal memmory" to install more or sometimes even update the existing.
My file manager, Wifi file manager and the App MGR III all say that i have about 1.48gb of free space. I have toconstantly clear my cache every 4 days in order for the phone to function normally, because if i dont clear the cache or install another app every living proccess starts to die, even background proccesses you cant close through the Task killer start to crash and any app i open closes instantly.

I Have tried to create a partition(512MB) through the CWM and use the Link2SD app but instead it redused my internal memmory to 480mb and the external remained the same(i think)-14.6GB.

Dont know what to do.. Please help!:s::s:

I remember having same problems with most ICS custom roms..
Flash this zip file in cwm recovery & it will fix low data storage problem/notification..
(Sorry first download file from my dropbox, place in your sdcard using usb & then flash.. Make sure you do a nandroid backup first)
:D

http://db.tt/KnDn3yan

# sent from a blazing slim SGSi9000 using tapatalk 2 #

Reactions: Exzizer
Upvote 0
I remember having same problems with most ICS custom roms..
Flash this zip file in cwm recovery & it will fix low data storage problem/notification..
(Sorry first download file from my dropbox, place in your sdcard using usb & then flash.. Make sure you do a nandroid backup first)

http://db.tt/KnDn3yan

Thanks man, i'll keep that bookmarked and will try it when the 480mb wont be enough, but for now i'm fine. I'll avoid anymore systematic changes in my phone for now.
p.s. is a nandroid backup better than say, Titanium backup?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones