• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

ieatsheeet

Lurker
Jan 8, 2012
-I just noticed whenever I look at pictures on facebook or google on my 2-day old Samsung Galaxy S2, the pictures are really pixelated, but when I look at the same picture on the same website on my girlfriends iphone, the picture is crystal clear.
Is it just my phone or do pictures on the SGS2 not show as clear?

-Also I have a feeling my whole screen is tinted yellow or blue, because when it's at max brightness, it's way way way dimmer than my girlfriends iPhone on max brightness.
Any input?

Kind of disappointed in getting this phone if the pictures and screen aren't at par with the iPhone.

I think you have insufficient light causing a grainy image. The GS2 has an 8MP camera and 1080p video. The quality of pictures and videos that I take with my phone are excellent and only suffer in lower light scenarios. I think this is probably what you are referring to.

If you want to be fair, get your friend with the iPhone to join you in the same room and take the same picture with the same light source and you will have a true apples to apples comparison. If I am not mistaken the iPhone has a better imaging sensor and the flash is more efficient so in low light the pictures will be nicer, but if you take daylight pictures you would be hard pressed to see the difference.

Upvote 0
I think you have insufficient light causing a grainy image. The GS2 has an 8MP camera and 1080p video. The quality of pictures and videos that I take with my phone are excellent and only suffer in lower light scenarios. I think this is probably what you are referring to.

If you want to be fair, get your friend with the iPhone to join you in the same room and take the same picture with the same light source and you will have a true apples to apples comparison. If I am not mistaken the iPhone has a better imaging sensor and the flash is more efficient so in low light the pictures will be nicer, but if you take daylight pictures you would be hard pressed to see the difference.

Hey, thanks for your input, but I'm not talking about the camera quality. In fact, the camera is very good in my opinion.

I'm talking about the pictures when I'm surfing the web. For example, when I go to Google.com and then images, and then look up an apple, it's not clear. It's very grainy. The only way to make it not grainy is to view it in full mode.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones