• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help SGS2 GT-I9100 Gingerbread 2.3.3 Malaysia firmware update..

I am waiting too............ :(

I try email support and the answer is:

Pleasant day to you.

-------------------------------------------------------------
Please back up your data and bring along the purchase receipt when sending your mobile phone to the
nearest Service Center for further assistance.

Thank you & best regards
Samsung (M) Electronics Customer Service
Samsung Careline #1-800-88-9999

Upvote 0
That's strange. I just got my SG2 in Malaysia two weeks ago and its already on 2.3.5. And if you check for updates on the phone, you can even update to 2.3.6, though the phone is now giving me problems after the update to 2.3.6. My laptop running Windows 7 can't detect the phone now through USB conection which seems to be a common problem

I am waiting too............ :(

I try email support and the answer is:

Pleasant day to you.

Please back up your data and bring along the purchase receipt when sending your mobile phone to the
nearest Service Center for further assistance.

Thank you & best regards
Samsung (M) Electronics Customer Service
Samsung Careline #1-800-88-9999

Upvote 0
That's strange. I just got my SG2 in Malaysia two weeks ago and its already on 2.3.5. And if you check for updates on the phone, you can even update to 2.3.6, though the phone is now giving me problems after the update to 2.3.6. My laptop running Windows 7 can't detect the phone now through USB conection which seems to be a common problem

2 weeks ago? I think your S2 is a G version (GT-I9100G) and not GT-I9100. Mine still running on 2.3.3 :eek:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones