1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Tips SGS2 hard case for handlebar mount

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by aagaag, Jul 25, 2011.

1. aagaag

aagaag Lurker
    None

Jul 25, 2011
    Can anybody point me to a sturdy metal case for the SGS2? It should open with hinges. Something like the picture attached, for example.

What I want to do with the case is to mount it on the handlerbar of my mountain bike with two cable ties. I am looking for a hard case that might be suitable for that job.

I do not like any of the common bike mounts. I have already lost an expensive smartphone that was mounted with a lesser-quality holder, when I rode through a bumpy single-trail and the phone fell into a ravine...

Attached Files:

Advertisement

2. aagaag

aagaag Lurker
    None

Jul 25, 2011
    I should explain that I intend to mount the case on the "handlebar stem" rather than on the actual handlebar. Obviouslx the cable ties cannot be passed through the phone case - hence I would be fixing the case in some plastic slider (suggestions?) which would then be attached to the cable ties and consequently to the handle bar stem.

Attached is a picture of how the contraption looked like with my old phone. Suggestions for aesthetical/functional improvements are of course welcome!

Attached Files: