• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help SGS2 ignoring private numbers?

Elpelco

Nov 13, 2009
UK
I just missed an important call because my phone made no sign whatsoever that it was getting a call. No sound, no vibration, just sent the call straight to voicemail. It shows up on my call log though.

I've been all through the settings to try and figure this out and I've got nothing, does anyone else have any suggestions? I get other calls fine. :mad:

Maybe you just didn't have any network at the time of the call? I receive private calls on my SGS2 without any problem.

This is the thing, I had oodles of signal. Loads. Tons. BUCKETS of signal. I don't get it. Oh well, I think it's something in the way they hide their number that doesn't play nice with my phone. Because I've been able to take calls from private numbers before.

Thanks anyway guys! :)

Upvote 0
This is the thing, I had oodles of signal. Loads. Tons. BUCKETS of signal. I don't get it. Oh well, I think it's something in the way they hide their number that doesn't play nice with my phone. Because I've been able to take calls from private numbers before.

Thanks anyway guys! :)

Sounds like a lack of signal for the instant the phone call was made. Even the network might have dropped. If you got private calls before . . . .

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones