• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help SGS2 Stuck in a startup loop after master reset

hoofcon

Lurker
Aug 20, 2011
Hi, this is my first post, I just brought a SGS2 off ebay that was a and it had peoples contacts on and pictures etc. so i thought i'd do a master reset. however, now my phone is stuck in a loop showing some blue cubes forming an 'S' and then the 'Samsung Galaxy SII' writing appearing underneath
also when i take the battery out and put it back in, it comes up with the Samsung Galaxy SII writing at the top and then a yellow triangle with a exclamation mark in it, i searched on these forums and does this mean it was rooted? obviously if i knew this i wouldn't of reset it.

Basically I was just wondering how to solve this problem? is there a simple thing i've forgotten to do? or am i going to go into rooting and flashing etc. to try and get it to work, and if so, how do i do that?

Thanks in advance for your help, I really didn't want to waste all this money :(

Hi can anyone help me please!! i rooted my bell/virgin mobile sgs2 i used odin and installed xwkdd kenel everything went fine the phone was rooted i downloaded a blotkiller or whatever there called froze some apps to try and save ram now the phone when in recovery mode i do factory reset it says its installing csc with csc code "vcm" after the wipe it will start up normal. when i go to register using my google account or making a new account i get something that says seyp up wizard has closed unexpectedly and the only optio i have is to press for close. then it comes up with my lock screen when i slide my lock screen the rest is black cant access anything except the notification bar. i can recieve texts and reply but nothing is on the screen i can only get this far if i do a factory reset if i just reboot it gets stuck on the sgs2 logo anyone able to point me in the right direction to get my phone back running please.

Upvote 0
Haha new phones do not come with preloaded contacts and for almost half tbe retail price

I fall to see how rubbing hoofcon's noise in it will help him in the slightest.

What you need to do is try to get into firstly upload mode then if not, download mode.
If it has been rooted previously then you may be able to boot into upload mode. with power off hold vol up, home and power keys together until the screen comes on. You may then be able to clear data and factory reset clear cache and wipe dalvik cache. This may fix the bootloop.

If not then you will need to download Samsung kies to your PC to Install drivers then go into download mode by pressing vol down, home and power. You should then be able to reflash firmware through a 3rd party app called Odin.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones