• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[SGS3-R530M]BAKED Rom BlackBean-9 (6-27) [Unofficial]

Well, this was interesting...

I have been having the most difficult time sending picture messages lately...

I have switched to each of the roms' various mms apps, and been searching the forums, but nothing seemed to work until I tried King Kang's mms.
I noticed on a thread that people were having no trouble with it.
I did and sent three with no trouble what so ever.

Then this morning I tried to send one and I got the error Service not activated again.

I tried a few more methods and noticed that when I used the share from the Google Gallery app, it failed. But if I added the picture through the MMS app, it went through.

Not sure what was going on here, but figured I would share.

Reactions: airtioteclint
Upvote 0

I have switched to each of the roms' various mms apps, and been searching the forums, but nothing seemed to work until I tried King Kang's mms.

Then this morning I tried to send one and I got the error Service not activated again.

I tried a few more methods and noticed that when I used the share from the Google Gallery app, it failed. But if I added the picture through the MMS app, it went through.

+1 same issue here

Sent from my SCH-R530M

Upvote 0

+1 same issue here

Sent from my SCH-R530M

Sometimes, I have the same problem. But where I live I can't get a good strong signal to send an mms unless I walk outside.

Upvote 0
the issue with the mms.apk is a simple one shabby edited the config files so that when you send a picture the mms apk does not compress it so in return we get high quality pics being sent. the downfall? anything above 780kb in most cases do not get sent in return you get the service not activated on network. some people get lucky and manage to get 800 kb images sent. the other mms.apk on the other roms all compress images above 300 kbs i believe in return they are not high quality, you can actually see the pixels if u view the images on your computer or something. So in conclusion the very picture that you are sending try to see how big is it i bet its above 700 kb

Upvote 0
:/ i edite dteh device files to reflect better on it but never pushed out a new version since BB7 was gunna come out, then 4.2 hit. so when the next version comes it should be fixed :)

That would be awesome. But I already use a smaller setting when I take pics I know I'm going to send through mms.
What will be the upgrade when BB7 comes out? Will it have the same design as 6? I'm really enjoying being able to fully trick out my phone

Upvote 0
Finally got all my stuff working correctly really like this ROM. I also installed the overclock kernel for better battery life. Hey shabby can we make suggestions of what we would like in a future release? If so is there a wah to put the stock S3 video player back in I really liked the ability to pop out the video. Doing picture in picture is pretty cool. Also maybe I'm missing something but does apex launcher not support home screen rotation?

Upvote 0
Finally got all my stuff working correctly really like this ROM. I also installed the overclock kernel for better battery life. Hey shabby can we make suggestions of what we would like in a future release? If so is there a wah to put the stock S3 video player back in I really liked the ability to pop out the video. Doing picture in picture is pretty cool. Also maybe I'm missing something but does apex launcher not support home screen rotation?

no touchwiz featuires will shifted over, they are heavily engrained with the touchwiz frameworks.

you are more than welcome to make suggestions and i can pass them onto the team and see if they consider it a good idea/possible. as far as apex and rotating it should, do you have auto-rotation toggle disabled?

Upvote 0
no touchwiz featuires will shifted over, they are heavily engrained with the touchwiz frameworks.

you are more than welcome to make suggestions and i can pass them onto the team and see if they consider it a good idea/possible. as far as apex and rotating it should, do you have auto-rotation toggle disabled?

Rotation is working for me. Had to enable it though. I'm using apex

Upvote 0
Still Nothing on why YouTube doesn't let me sign in? Also how can I update Google now market says there's a newer version

The thing with youtube is I was never able to get it no matter which gapps I flashed. I always had to copy it manually into my system apps folder and set permissions to 644. I've never had a problem signing in.

Upvote 0
a word of advice, dont do it. its not a cm9/10 theme engine theme, and looking at the screenshots it appears to be a touchwiz theme that has been blacked out. actual themes include important system files and should be made for each phone, which is why the tmobile theme engine is so cool.

if someone were to take the theme from him and port it over (wouldnt require that much work) then it would be safe, but flashing it will prolly result in bad juju as its from the international version.

Upvote 0
Reactions: mike28
Upvote 0
Any body else have an issue with the led colors. I used the settings in this ROM to change the color while charging it worked fine for like 3 days now its a completely different color but in the settings its the same color as I set it to and the right color when I do the test part. Not a huge issue just that it was a cool feature to have and would like to get it to work again.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones