• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[SGS3-R530M] Metropolis Rom [4.3 Touchwiz]

anyone sin SoFlo getting super lte speeds today in general...I have been averaging 11Mbits all morning in Coral Springs
yea miami ft lauderdale and coral all getting good speeds but from mid florida and up its around average. im just bothered tampa hasnt gotten them speeds everywhere although in hillsbourgh i managed to get around 7 mb :D first time, but yea this is off topic. any1 wanna take a guess when metro will release this firmware officially

Reactions: apeiiron
Upvote 0
yea miami ft lauderdale and coral all getting good speeds but from mid florida and up its around average. im just bothered tampa hasnt gotten them speeds everywhere although in hillsbourgh i managed to get around 7 mb :D first time, but yea this is off topic. any1 wanna take a guess when metro will release this firmware officially

the 11th of never

Upvote 0
how can I fix it for my Xbox than ??

connect your xbox to your computer using ethernet. download and install pdanet tether to your computer, then create an internet sharing bridge between pdanet and ethernet. it will let your xbox connect to the internet via pdanets connection. youll need to hide tether usage via level 1 it will slow down and will prolly have lag but should work :)

Upvote 0
It doesn't work for me. Wiped cache/system and so on but when I try to install it says this:

HTML:
flash_zip'
Installing '/external_sd/Metropolis-Rom-1.0.3.zip'...
Checking for MD5 file...
Skipping MD5 check: no MD5 file found.

Metropolis Rom 1.0.3

Checking Your Rom...
about to run program [/sbin/busybox] with 3 args
about to run program [/tmp/Shabby.sh] with 1 args
cp: can't stat '/system/build.prop': No such file or directory
script aborted: file_getprop: failed to stat "/tmp/build.prop": No such file or directory
file_getprop: failed to stat "/tmp/build.prop": No such file or directory
E:Error in /external_sd/Metropolis-Rom-1.0.3.zip
(Status 7)
Error flashing zip '/external_sd/Metropolis-Rom-1.0.3.zip'
Updating partition details
A little help please. BTW I started off with 1.0.3 because it said in the post to start there if we're new to this rom. Thanks.

Upvote 0
www.shabbypenguin.com/OUDstuff/Samsung/Metro/R530M/Metropolis/Rom/Bootanimation-Sound-Template.zip

cuz i am such a nice guy, here is a cwm flashable zip that you can open up and swap out the files and make your own boot sounds/animations. the updater script is fine as is but obviously you may wish to customize it more. this is for people who would like to start to easily customize their phone and share their work ;)

Hey shab, 2 part question.

1. Every time I restart the phone I hear the sonic music but don't see him. Where did he go?! :D

2. I downloaded this and flashed it in TWRP but don't see it on my phone. Where is it?

Upvote 0
This last month or so, my life has turned inside out. Someone came into my life and it has been beautiful but also hard. Shabby is a beast and I love him :) thanks for everything

Side just like to point out that even though I've heard only good things about metropolis ROM, I feel a bit weird about it. Sometimes it lags, my phone doesn't wake very quickly, and occasional force closes. I know this is a whip and all but side like to ask if everyone else is experiencing similar situations?

Again, I love the ROM and all the work that's been going on. Thanks in advance and bless the devs that are making moves with the metro s3

Reactions: Shabbypenguin
Upvote 0
This last month or so, my life has turned inside out. Someone came into my life and it has been beautiful but also hard. Shabby is a beast and I love him :) thanks for everything

Side just like to point out that even though I've heard only good things about metropolis ROM, I feel a bit weird about it. Sometimes it lags, my phone doesn't wake very quickly, and occasional force closes. I know this is a whip and all but side like to ask if everyone else is experiencing similar situations?

Again, I love the ROM and all the work that's been going on. Thanks in advance and bless the devs that are making moves with the metro s3

Yes there are bugs to it but its wip remenber we have a unofficial metro jelly bean things will get perfect in a couple of weeks :D

Upvote 0
Hey shab, 2 part question.

1. Every time I restart the phone I hear the sonic music but don't see him. Where did he go?! :D

2. I downloaded this and flashed it in TWRP but don't see it on my phone. Where is it?

the default stuff is in teh rom, i provided that zip as a base for anyone looking to change theirs can swap out the files and tada you now have custom bootanimations and a boot sound in cwm flashable zip to share with everyone :)

its not designed to have anything in it usable

Reactions: Boomkid
Upvote 0
Seriously am I the only one annoyed by this bird whistle every time i get a txt message ? I've even changed my notations sounds on my contacts on the phone settings and sound and on go messenger to any other sounds and even on silent it still make that bird whistle every time i get a txt..???

:O you bully leave the metro birdie alone :mad: lol jk um it changes for me the way i do it i go to my txt messages messenger app select menu on the bottom left corner of the phone look for notifications and change notification ringtone to something else.

screenshot2013010816444.png

Reactions: kungfu411
Upvote 0
Seriously am I the only one annoyed by this bird whistle every time i get a txt message ? I've even changed my notations sounds on my contacts on the phone settings and sound and on go messenger to any other sounds and even on silent it still make that bird whistle every time i get a txt..???

Try this http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=33165746 its aosp sounds for sg3 ROM. I'm not a fan of the sounds that come with our phone.

Reactions: kungfu411
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones