• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[SGS3-R530M] Metropolis Rom [4.3 Touchwiz]

yes sorry it softbricked my phone. im pretty i can consider being unable to boot into recovery and needing odin a softbrick

but has anybody else had trouble flashing this rom? it seems everyone has found a way to get it flashed but me...

Take your battery off and put it back boot into recovery then try to restore a backup when flashing this rom flash the 1.0 version first then upgrade to 1.0. 4

Upvote 0
Take your battery off and put it back boot into recovery then try to restore a backup when flashing this rom flash the 1.0 version first then upgrade to 1.0. 4

no matter what i try it will not boot into recovery anymore. im still downloading the tar for odin on my slowa$$ home internet

first it was blank screen bootloop with 1.3

then sonic bootloop with 1.3 then 1.4

then it was "KERNEL EMERGENCY SOMETHING" with 1.1 then 1.2

and now its stuck on galaxy sIII screen with 1.1 only and now it wont even boot into recovery. only download mode I have no idea why this is happening to me. I am using TWRP should i do cwm instead??

Upvote 0
1.0.1 wouldnt install. 1.0.2 had the humorous bootanimation. 1.0.3 had a bunch of stuff. 1.0.4 is current version.
the best way to go about all this is flash some otehr rom boto up and make sure everything is going fine, reboot to recovery. do a factory reset in recovery. install 1.0.3 reboot and then install 1.0.4

Upvote 0
1.0.1 wouldnt install. 1.0.2 had the humorous bootanimation. 1.0.3 had a bunch of stuff. 1.0.4 is current version.
the best way to go about all this is flash some otehr rom boto up and make sure everything is going fine, reboot to recovery. do a factory reset in recovery. install 1.0.3 reboot and then install 1.0.4

between each new flash i was able to restore my original stock setup with a nandroid. until this last time where i couldnt load even recovery. im guna give this another shot after i run odin and all that and ill see what happens

Upvote 0
Ok, I successfully flashed 1.0.3 and 1.0.4, everything is running great but now I have some photos in my gallery that I can not delete, there is no option to delete. If I take a new pic, there is the option to delete. Is the any way to to delete this old pics?

Im having gallery issues too.
Do you know where the photos are in the phone?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones