1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

General SGS6 stock internet browser vs chrome

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Pierxce, Jun 7, 2015.

1. Pierxce

Pierxce Lurker

Which one is better?

Advertisement

maxman43 likes this.
  2. Cyrene_K

Cyrene_K Lurker

I like chrome.

3. ninja899

ninja899 Newbie

I find chrome useless compared to the stock browser. You can't save pages on chrome and you can't close tabs anymore because it hides them behind the one you're looking at.
    It does remember passwords on some log in pages which the stock browser doesn't but other than that it is very poor compared to stock. IMHO of course.

4. vegasdroid

vegasdroid Newbie

I rooted my S6 edge, just to be able to use the stock browser. (I'm on Verizon, they took it out.) I like it a lot. That's all I use now.

5. nelamvr6

nelamvr6 Well-Known Member

I like Chrome, it's the only one I would consider. It has so many nice features, The bookmarks syncing between devices alone makes it the only real choice for me.

6. Cam501

Cam501 Member

I'm on VZW as well, but I'm not willing to trip knox and disable using Samsung pay in the future to access the stock browser. I've been bouncing back and forth between Chrome and Firefox.

7. dynomot

dynomot Android Expert

Verizon removed the stock browser from it's version of the S6? That's some meddling to say the least. :(

Personally I use Chrome, but have played with the stock browser.

8. vegasdroid

vegasdroid Newbie

Actually, the PingPong root method does not trip Knox. The PingPong method just was updated to work with the newest OTA. I am on the latest OTA, and rooted. I would take a look over at XDA, if you are still curious about rooting your device.

Samsung Galaxy S6

The Samsung Galaxy S6 launched in 2015 as the company's flagship. It features a 5.1-inch screen with 2560 x 1440 resolution, 3GB of RAM, 32GB of storage, and an impressive 16 megapixel camera.