1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

SGSII review

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by KValor, May 17, 2011.

1. KValor

KValor Newbie

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. jinwons

jinwons Android Expert

3. daivik

daivik Android Enthusiast

+1

Holiday may have equal ram but a 0.2" larger screen...what's the point??

4. Gearu

Gearu Android Expert

I admit that The Holiday is the only thing on the horizon that could challenge this, but I think it will lose.
    What will it have that could be better than SAMOLED+, it's more than just a nice screen, the fact that it only uses power to show pixels that aren't black is quite a special ability.

5. daivik

Not to metion that fact that many apps are going to be streched and look extremely ugly... What's the point of having qHD, if it doesn't look like it in most in not virtually all of the apps.

6. jinwons

jinwons Android Expert

I just saw that Holiday will have LTE radio for AT&T soon after they launch LTE network this summer. That's interesting development. Still I think SGSII is faster, but dual core plus LTE is something to consider. Verizon didn't release any dual core/LTE phone yet as Bionic is delayed.

7. daivik

I've got a feeling it'll be an 'only america launch' What is LTE??

8. jinwons

jinwons Android Expert

You don't hear about it in U.K? It's the latest and greatest 4G technology that Verizon and AT&T are trying to push for in U.S. Right now only verizon deployed it on limited number of major cities.

3GPP Long Term Evolution - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

9. MISS DIVA

MISS DIVA Android Enthusiast

10. AustinTech

AustinTech Android Enthusiast

Not sure how a phone can be King of Android before making it to the US shores. I think people need to actually use the phone before crowning it...

But it does look like a bad mamma-jamma. Screen is beautiful.

Samsung Galaxy S2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1650mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews