• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

SGSII to HTC One X?

qwertyaas

Android Enthusiast
Aug 8, 2010
Love my SGSII but was given the option to replace it with an HTC One X. I'm not sure if I should go for it as the dev community and the phone itself are amazing.

But the S4, 720p, LTE, NFC and all the other goodies are really tempting on the One X. Only issue is if I get the phone with the latest update, it can't be rooted... yet.

Anyone have any opinions. Anyone went from the S2 to One X and have opinions on it? I went to play with the One X but it's tough to base a decision without actually having the phone.

Thanks!

Love my SGSII but was given the option to replace it with an HTC One X. I'm not sure if I should go for it as the dev community and the phone itself are amazing.

But the S4, 720p, LTE, NFC and all the other goodies are really tempting on the One X. Only issue is if I get the phone with the latest update, it can't be rooted... yet.

Anyone have any opinions. Anyone went from the S2 to One X and have opinions on it? I went to play with the One X but it's tough to base a decision without actually having the phone.

Thanks!

I have both yet I ended kind of going backwards. I owned an S2 sold it and ended up getting the HOX white when it came out. It is a GREAT device and of no comparison in many ways.

I always kind of missed my S2 though. I like the size the weight it is perfect in that aspect. I saw it just recently on at&t for $9.99 and a contract I said gotta have. Now that I have rooted it and messed around learning stuff I really do like it.

For me if I had to give one up it would be the HOX again though I think it is a personal choice one makes.

I am also thinking of the S3 but ONLY if it shows up in black at a decent price. LOL

PS. If you want to root and change out ROMS and Kernels to me the S2 is the keeper for this aspect. I just sold my Nexus also being the S2 is the same in many ways again IMO.

Reactions: qwertyaas
Upvote 0
The dev community is great over on the S2, especially since it so similar to the i9100. I became more lazy with lately though as I have been running the same rom for months (AOKP).

Looking over the One X, they have a better CM10 beta than the S2 so far, as well as AOKP and then all the Sense roms so Roms shouldn't be an issue.

Rooting on the other hand is such a breeze with the S2. HTC and AT&T locked the bootloader with 2.20 so I'm hoping the phone doesn't come with that. And even if it's not locked, it seems much more involved to root as opposed to the S2.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones