1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support SGT7:How do I uninstall Gingerbread? It sucks.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by d4005, Aug 20, 2011.

1. d4005

d4005 Newbie
    None

Jun 9, 2011
    Male
    Software Engineer
    Europe
    Since installing 2.3.3 on my sgt7, it's become so slow it's almost unusable. I'm on the verge of throwing the thing away. I'll be playing a game for example, press the home key and I see the desktop (after a slower than usual response) then I'm sat there waiting second after second after second for the icons to show up. Sometimes they don't, and I have to swipe left/right to another page of my desktop and back. Other times I'll press a key and after a second of no apparent response to it, I'll press it again (while shouting at it) and then both key-presses are acknowledged. Not very useful when the key I pressed is the shift key, and my second press cancels it.

Gingerbread has totally taken all the joy out of using my SGT7. If I don't go back to Froyo soon then I'm likely to throw it against the wall soon.

I couldn't find how to uninstall 2.3.3 via Kies, and don't see it in the Android menus either.

I'd happily reset it to factory settings and re-install every single app to get back to Froyo right now.

Advertisement

2. 2manyPHONES

2manyPHONES Android Expert
    None

Jul 26, 2010
    NY & TX
    As far as I know once you do an OS update whether it's a phone or tab then even if you factory reset you would still have that new OS on there.

d4005 likes this.
  3. dentboy

dentboy Lurker
    None

Mar 5, 2011
    DENTIST
    coimbatore,INDIA
    is dis TRUE....'m about 2 UPGRADE ma SGT7 to gingerbread ... wil dis advisable? the probs is oly wit GB 2.3.3 or even in 2.3? plzzz help me ....

4. d4005

d4005 Newbie
    None

Jun 9, 2011
    Male
    Software Engineer
    Europe
    Ask yourself one question : what is it you think you'll get from Gingerbread ?

5. dentboy

dentboy Lurker
    None

Mar 5, 2011
    DENTIST
    coimbatore,INDIA
    is dis TRUE....i heard GB 2.3.3 sucks n slows down the system???? :rolleyes:'m about 2 UPGRADE ma SGT7 to gingerbread ... wil dis advisable? the probs is oly wit GB 2.3.3 or even in 2.3? plzzz help me ....
    :eek: