• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Share your 3D Photos

efaustus9

Oct 25, 2012
MA USA
So do you have some interesting 3D photos that you would like to share but have not due to the relative scarcity of 3D displays and somewhat cumbersome practice of sharing these images? The app phereo on the google play store effectively addresses the second issue by making hosting and sharing galleries of your 3D photos considerably easier. The community here presumably being all EVO 3D/EVO V users should address the first. I am thus creating a thread to promote sharing of your 3D images. Hopefully with a means to easily share, and a community with devices able to view the images some will be motivated to actually post some pictures. Of course you do not need to use phereo, share your photos by whatever means you deem fit.

Here is my Phereo gallery featuring my nature pics:
http://phereo.com/album/51902d45e15585172c000001

If you installed the phereo app then search user efaustus9 to view the images in 3d

Another service where you can host your 3D photos for us to enjoy is 3dporch. This hosting service makes it easier to download the original mpo image file from with in a browser then from phereo's webpage, thus making it easier to view the photo with compatible software on your device.

Here are a few 3D photos I have uploaded to my account on that service:
http://3dporch.com/users/efaustus9

Edit:
It appears I did not do my due diligence as trying to view the images hosted on phereo in the android or firefox browser will not render the files appropriately. So you will either need to use the phereo app or download the images from the page. The developer states that the next version of the app will open Phereo when you click on images in the android browser. Right now it is not quite as streamlined as I had hoped. Alternatively you can use 3Dporch.

Reactions: MrJedi
Another service where you can host your 3D photos for us to enjoy is 3dporch.com. This hosting service makes it easier to download the original mpo image file from with in a browser then from phereo's webpage, thus making it easier to view the photo with compatible software on your device.

Here are a few 3D photos I have uploaded to my account on that service:
efaustus9's 3D Photos (3D Porch for 3D Photos)

By the way nice photos MrJedi. I think I like the mossy tree bark photo the best.

Edit:
In the next version of the phereo app the developer will create a handle so if you click on an image hosted on the phereo's webpage in android it will open the image in the phereo app.

Reactions: MrJedi
Upvote 0
I have had the phereo application on my phone. My question is how do I find you guys on the app? The links get me no where to view 3D

This is a pain and needs to be fixed. Here is how I do it:

1. Sign in to Phereo on you computer
2. Click the link (from here) to the person you want to view
3. Click follow
4. Open Phereo on your phone
5. Click the Profile icon at the top right.
6. Click the Profile Details icon (next to the share icon).
7. Click Followees

So make sure you post a link to your profile here :)

You should now see the people you follow and their albums.

Reactions: EazySteve
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones