1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Sharing in new Youtube app?

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by Flannelwarrior, Jun 8, 2011.

1. Flannelwarrior

None

Nov 12, 2009
    Manager / Projectionist - Regal Cinemas
    Portland, OR
    There HAS to be a simple answer to this question. How the heck do I share videos in the newest version of the Youtube app?? Longpressing on a video does nothing. It used to be you could longpress a video, then a menu would come up and you could share from there. Once in the video, the menu button bring up a list of options, but none of them are share.

I like to download videos using an app called Freedi, and the way to prompt the download starting was to "share" the video into the app. I can no longer find how to share, and trying to browse Youtube directly from Freedi is frustrating at best.

Thanks in advance, sorry for the dumb question. Google has not been helpful.

Edit: I can go to my favorite videos from Freedi and download that way. This is a workaround. I would still like to figure out how to share.

Advertisement

2. prjctchris

prjctchris Member
    None

When viewing a video in portrait mode you'll see in the upper right hand corner "More" with a down arrow. Press that and you'll be able to share the video among a bunch of other options.