1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

sharing PC internet to HTC Tattoo using WiFi

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by pokuri999, Jun 26, 2010.

1. pokuri999

pokuri999 New Member

Jun 26, 2010
    Hi I recently bought a HTC Tattoo. And I like to access internet on Tattoo using PC broadband connection. I have ASUS motherboard with inbuild WiFi support. So, using that I have made my WiFi of PC to Access Point Mode. So, now I am able to connect to PC using that WiFi network. But I am unable to access internet. Can anyone suggest me the way to share my PC internet to my HTC Tattoo to save money when we are at home.

Advertisement

2. alek_73

alek_73 Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2010
    Electronic engineer, embedded SW development
    Romagna, Italy
    I understood that you have a PC connected to Internet via cable and you configured the PC as a WiFi access point.

I think what you have to do is set up your PC to work as a router, so that it routes automatically requests coming from the Tattoo to internet.

How to do it depends on which operative system you have, just make a search with Google

3. pokuri999

pokuri999 New Member

Jun 26, 2010
    My OS is windows XP. I have tried to make my PC as router by surfing through Google, but failed. can you direct me to proper link if you know any site?

4. alek_73

alek_73 Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2010
    Electronic engineer, embedded SW development
    Romagna, Italy
  5. fenofio

fenofio New Member

Jan 25, 2013
    i made my broadcom wifi card in win xp as a router connected with wired internet but my motorola XT311 doesnt detect it. iv tried almost everything. my version of android is 2.3.5. what am i missing? i did share the connectons aswell. but my phone wont detect the signals. only laptop do. why? pls help!

Tags: