1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Sharing pictures on google+ via android app

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by jboy1987, Jul 18, 2011.

1. jboy1987

jboy1987 Newbie
    None

Jan 6, 2011
    Student
    I used google+ for the first time today and tried to upload som pictures. Installed the google+ app from the market. From the android application, there is no way to upload a picture to a spesific albm. It's just shared as a post on your... ehh wall? You can activate auto upload of all pictures on your android device, they are kept private until you share them. On your computer you can then select which images to share, but hey! You can't assign them to a spesific album. The only way to do that is to upload pictures that are stored on your computer (you then get the choice of creating an album or add pictures to an axisting one).

There is one exception. Google+ shares the albums with picasa, so you can upload pictures from your cell to picasa and select the desired album. However, my SGS2 won't let me log in to picasa because my google account is already linked to my phone. Well of course it is! There is a workaround (uploading via picasa acct on android phone. Says google account already exists. Should sync to existing acct. stupid. - Google Mobile Help) but it doesn't work for me (have to do the workaround over again every time).

Bottom line is that picture sharing from android devices is very limited at this time, definitely not as good as with facebook. I hope google will make things easier in the future, this is still a beta. But the picasa login bug is old and should be fixed! Can anyone help me with this or have I overlooked something?

SGS2, 2.3.3 KF3

Advertisement