• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Sharp edge to MicroSD cover

The MicroSD cover doesn't sit flush with the edge of the phone. Even if you push it in quite hard to compress the seal-ring a bit, you can still feel the edges if you slide your finger over it. Shame, as all the other port covers are nice and flush.

Anyone else got this ? If so, it's probaby not worth me returning the phone just because of this.

I spoke to Sony and they asked me to return the phone. If it wasn't a waterproof phone, they probably wouldn't care as much if a socket cover wasn't a perfect fit, but for obvious reasons, this could be a risk with the Z1. In the end, the shop I purchased the phone from was fine about replacing the item with another they had in stock and all the socket covers are perfectly flush with the surround. So yesterday I had all the fun of reinstalling everything again from scratch. At least 2nd time round I did a better job of sticking the screen protector on !

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones