• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Shattered my camera lens.

JustinHEMI

Android Enthusiast
Apr 29, 2010
Friends,

Just wanted go give a heads up to those that are using the Verizon silicone case, or other similar tight fitting cases. I had to take my case off to get to the battery, and somehow applied pressure to the phone in such a way that I shattered the camera lens.

It's totally my fault, I should have been more careful and paid better attention to what I was doing. Just wanted to let you know that damage is possible if you aren't careful.

Otherwise I love this phone and am just going to exchange it.

Justin

Friends,

Just wanted go give a heads up to those that are using the Verizon silicone case, or other similar tight fitting cases. I had to take my case off to get to the battery, and somehow applied pressure to the phone in such a way that I shattered the camera lens.

It's totally my fault, I should have been more careful and paid better attention to what I was doing. Just wanted to let you know that damage is possible if you aren't careful.

Otherwise I love this phone and am just going to exchange it.

Justin

Were you pushing directly on the lens? Or near it?

Upvote 0
I'm assuming you mean you shattered the glass cover that is on the "droid eye" part that sticks out of the case...which is NOT the lens. It's a cheap cover and should be easily replaced. ( Someone else mentioned the whole droid eye piece is just held on with double sided tape, making replacement easy. )

Upvote 0
The glass you broke is already loose on my phone. It doesnt sit even anymore and moves which is going to let dust into the camera. What a stupid design. Verizon cant even replace it because they wont have any phones in for 2 weeks!!!! The manager actually suggested I use my insurance to replace it. He then gave me crap for not having a cover to protect it. Then I looked at his full hard cover and it still didnt come out to protect the camera at all. I think as the phones advance their employees get dumber.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones