• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Shazam stopped working

D

Deleted User

Shazam no longer worked on my HTC EVO. When I click on the icon, it says "Sorry! The application Shazam (process com.shazam.android) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again."

Normally, this seems like the kind of thing an uninstall/reinstall would fix. However, I have many Shazam tags that I'm afraid I will lose if I uninstall. Is there any way to fix Shazam and save my tags? Where is the Shazam tag data stored on my phone, perhaps I can back it up?

Did you update it today? A lot of comments in the Market are about FC's. I updated mine with no trouble but some apparently haven't.

Hey, thanks! Actually, this update has fixed my problem. Problems started occurring a few weeks ago, probably due to an update but not sure as I have auto-update on. I've been waiting for an update in the market to see if they'd fix the problem, but haven't seen an update... until today!

Anyway, updated the app and it opens fine now. Thanks!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones