• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Shazam works through video popup!

nimoxp

Jan 18, 2012
San Antonio, Tx
I've had the phone for just over a month now and loveing it more and more as I discover more.

I love Shazam and use it alot when I'm out and there is a great song playing that I have know Idea to whom the artist is.

Anyway, I use my Phone as a video dashcam when I drive. A great sounding song came on the radio and at the time I was too busy driving to mess around with my phone.

So when I got home that thought entered my mind. On my last phone Shazam would not work with videos cause the video would stop playing if I got out of the video. That's the same thing with the GS3, unless you use the popup function. So with the video popped out, Shazam hears it perfectly and supplies you all the info you need!

So if you been using your video camera at the clubs, you can always go back and search a song you may have recorded while you were recording girls dancing.:p LOL

Anyway I was greatly surprised and Happy I got the name of that song etc. I did a test and it works as well if your just using the phones voice recorder.

No big deal, just thought I'd spread another one my recent GS3 delights!:D

Cool cool. I use the google sound search widget instead of shazam now but I never even thought about doing what you did. That's pretty neat. I've been trying to see if it can identify live music and it's doing a pretty good job at that however sometimes it takes longer because it's not the actual music track.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones