1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

General She fell...

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Pebbies, Aug 2, 2010.

1. Pebbies

Pebbies Member

Mar 18, 2010
    Maryland
    I admit my visits to this site have dwindled a great deal since launch, but I'm back for moral support...AGAIN. My beloved phone took a tumble down some stairs Saturday night. She's gone, and now I must wait for Asurion to call me back when phones are in stock. I can't even look at someone else's phone w/o being upset all over again.

Sorry, just needed to get it out...:(

Advertisement

2. Old Member

Old Member Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2010
    Male
    Teacher/Church Planter/ Basketball Coach
    Cincinnati
    Pebbies you have to keep calling Asurion daily to check and see if they have one in. I didn't do that and relied on them to call me when they were in and it never happened. People that turned in a claim after I did got their replacement phone before I did because they called all the time. Don't be afraid to ask to speak to a supervisor when necessary. As you can probably tell I am TOTALLY unimpressed with Asurion. Good Luck!

3. Pebbies

Pebbies Member

Mar 18, 2010
    Maryland
    Thanks! I was actually planning on calling after work today--wonder if I'll have any luck getting a new handset.

4. Ufkal

Ufkal Well-Known Member

May 11, 2010
    Male
    Software Support/Development
    St. Louis..
    keep the faith. I usually have no problems with Asurion. They have always treated my right.

5. Pebbies

Pebbies Member

Mar 18, 2010
    Maryland
    Okay, I just called & got a recording stating my phone's on backorder...blah blah blah

I'll keep trying. I realize now just how much time I spent on my phone....how'd I ever make it without her before??

6. THCincredible

THCincredible Member

Apr 8, 2010

I know exactly how you feel. I watched mine get run over in the street the other day. I didnt realize how attached I would become to the phone and its capabilities! I had insurance with square trade but decided to go ahead and buy a new one until the check comes in to re-imburse me. It was a hard 3 days without it :p Hang in there!

7. Dex

Dex Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2010
    Mobile Tech Support
    Tennessee
    I got one of the Nexus One sleeves for my Incredible and I keep it in that constantly. It keeps the screen some being scratched and various other dangers if it ever goes in my pockets. The other day I dropped my phone from about 4 foot onto concrete screen up. It was in the sleeve and took zero damage. The sleeve got a little dusty, but whatever.

I recommend investing in one. Unless you're losing it and fumble it out of your hand, it may very well be a life saver. It isn't doesn't add bulk to it when you hold or talk on it. I love mine.

8. Pebbies

Pebbies Member

Mar 18, 2010
    Maryland
    Thanks Dex! I'll definitely add extra padding to the next one.

9. Pebbies

Pebbies Member

Mar 18, 2010
    Maryland
    That must've been horrible! I didn't even know my phone was a casualty until everything else was gathered. Asurion said the typical wait time is 3-7 days...I'm obviously hoping for a 3 day window, lol

10. URNotEntitled

URNotEntitled Member

May 3, 2010
    I feel for ya. The wife dropped mine and destroyed it last week. No insurance, so I've asked my lawyers to insist on the full cost of a replacement phone in the divorce settlement. :mad:

Good luck!

11. TheCowGod

TheCowGod Well-Known Member

May 13, 2010
    lol

12. Pebbies

Pebbies Member

Mar 18, 2010
    Maryland
    LOL! I didn't ask for a divorce, but I'll swap phones if things don't work out with insurance.

13. rob316

rob316 Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2010
    Pebbies likes this.
  14. TheSultan

TheSultan Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2010
    Operations Manager
    Rochester, NY
  15. Pebbies

Pebbies Member

Mar 18, 2010
    Maryland
    Just a quick update, checked online this morning and got the whole "back order" message...called and got the same thing. I waited for a rep to request a similar phone and......WOW the Incredible is in stock *who knew* :rolleyes:. Of course I'm having it shipped to me @ work tomorrow, but she couldn't tell me whether it's new or refurbished.

My fingers are crossed for a new one, but I'll be pretty happy with a refurbished one as long as there aren't any issues with it. Thanks for the smiles and laughs! :)

16. Pebbies

Pebbies Member

Mar 18, 2010
    Maryland
    My brand new replacement came yesterday--well I assume she's new...a very pleasant surprise. I promise to guard her with my life! :D

17. rushmore

rushmore Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2008
    Kentucky
    Drops are why I like the silicon case on mine. When these things hit on the corner, most of the energy transfers to the display module. I have dropped mine twice and I am sure mine would have been toast as well.

Ordered the Seidio 3500 battery and will modify a silicon case so the bezel is still protected (most important area to protect for falls).

Pebbies likes this.
  18. AttorneyIncredible

AttorneyIncredible Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    not sure why everyone doesnt have some kind of case on these phones. At a minimum put the verizon clear case on.

19. Pebbies

Pebbies Member

Mar 18, 2010
    Maryland
    There was a case on the phone, but I don't expect a case to protect a phone from a person landing on it after a bad fall. Thanks tho!

20. AttorneyIncredible

AttorneyIncredible Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    dont see that mentioned in your original post.

21. Pebbies

Pebbies Member

Mar 18, 2010
    Maryland
    When I mentioned adding extra padding, I meant in addition to what was already purchased.

22. Old Member

Old Member Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2010
    Male
    Teacher/Church Planter/ Basketball Coach
    Cincinnati
    I had the EXACT same experience with Asurion. It took me a few supervisors before they "found" one they could send me. Congrats on the new phone.