• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Shell / Holster Case - I love it!

Vaetix

Apr 14, 2010
Atlanta, GA
I picked up the Shell / Holster Combo case from my local VZW store today and absolutely love it. I feel like I'm always struggling to find the perfect phone case and rarely do. But this one is truly ideal to me.

What I like:
  • Securely clips on my belt
  • Easy to remove from holster, but virtually impossible to fall out accidentally
  • Always-on shell protects phone when not holstered
  • When holstered, the screen faces inward - no risk of bumping into something and scratching it
  • Allows access to all buttons and connections
  • Extremely comfortable to hold
  • Rubbery shell makes dropping the phone less likely
If there is anything I don't like, it might be that the texture on the case doesn't look the most professional, and I work in a white-collar environment. But it certainly looks better than a texture-less design would.

If I had to rate the case, I'd give it a 9 out of 10.

Website Link: Enter your location

htc_incredible_rubber_holster_cov.png

Nice. Are there other cases that fit this phone? The guy at the VZW store I just visited was clueless. After only getting it on Thursday, I just drove off with my Inc on the roof of my car. Thank goodness for insurance. I'm thinking it might be a good idea to get a protective cover for when the replacement arrives.

Upvote 0
I have this case as well but I'm thinking about returning it because its not as rugged as I'd like. I have a tendency to drop my phone so I want something more rugged.

Also I hate having the belt holster strapped in while the phone isn't in the cradle. Ideally I'd want a case that haas the nub in the back that clips into the belt like the body glove case, but more rugged (has a silicone inner layer with a harder outer shell.

Upvote 0
I have this case as well but I'm thinking about returning it because its not as rugged as I'd like. I have a tendency to drop my phone so I want something more rugged.

Also I hate having the belt holster strapped in while the phone isn't in the cradle. Ideally I'd want a case that haas the nub in the back that clips into the belt like the body glove case, but more rugged (has a silicone inner layer with a harder outer shell.

Upvote 0
I think this holster looks hideous and the person that designed it should be shot, but it was the only case/holster that protected the screen by sliding 'screen-in'. I asked the Verizon associate if I could open the clear snap on case and to see if it would slide in. It fit pretty darn well so I ended up buying both the clear snap-on case and the case/holster. I don't ever plan to use the original case in the combo so it's sitting in my phone box.

Sorry, I'm not on my comp so I can't resize the pic.

img00180b.jpg

Upvote 0
i got oone of these and i like it. however most people i have read say that you have to be slow to put them in. however i put the phone in my pocket with the clip hanging out. i can just leave the clip clipped to my pants and still slide the phone out and in easily. i will be getting the innocase still no doubt though.

Upvote 0
I picked up the Shell / Holster Combo case from my local VZW store today and absolutely love it. I feel like I'm always struggling to find the perfect phone case and rarely do. But this one is truly ideal to me.

What I like:
  • Easy to remove from holster, but virtually impossible to fall out accidentally
mine slides out slightly easy which is only a problem if im jogging/running & holster is tilted to the side or slightly down itll start slidding out

Otherwise im liking it just have to get used to the holster always on the hip instead of a low profile clip like the body glove I had for the enV

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones