• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

She's Representative of the Tea Party?

Separation of church and state was designed to keep the state out of the church not the church out of the state.

We'd be better off if we could move "the church"* out of the country altogether, and rebuild a society not so based upon superstition, ignorance and hatred of people who are "different."

* I don't mean a particular church...I mean all of them. One can believe in a creator, if one wishes, without a church.

Reactions: Rota
Upvote 0
She is something else... that's for certain! I loved it when she asked "where in the constitution is the separation of church and state"...

I am asking the same thing. Where are those specific words in that document?

Not sure your point, so no offence. I am asking because so many undereducated people think those words actually exist in the Constitution.

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof..." is often taken to mean something other than what it actually means. It means no state church.

Bob Maxey

Upvote 0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=miwSljJAzqg

First BIG mistake... her misunderstanding of what a "scientific theory" is. It is NOT a general "theory" as like a guess, a theory in science is essentially a fact unless further evidence proves on the contrary... which has never been done in terms of the "theory of evolution".

2nd BIG mistake... having absolutely no clue about the amendments of the Constitution. In particular, she shows that she doesn't know The Bill of Rights.

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

You can clearly hear the law students groaning and laughing at her. :)

She's running for the Senate? I believe that she's one of those "learn while on the job" kind of people... knowledge before hand isn't important!

Anyone knows that there is nothing about separation of church and state in any of our founding docs. Well, except liberals. Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, is exactly what it says, The government may not proclaim or establish any one religion as the official United States religion. People who do not know what the heck they are talking about, thru the years have construed that line to mean what they want. But its all good, our prez thinks we have 57 States, so whats the difference?

Upvote 0
finally. someone that gets it. well kinda...

people are smart or stupid, that's a given. it isn't so much the fact that the media labels them, it's the fact of how the media portrays them.

the predominantly liberal media isn't going to "bite the hand that feeds them". and stupid sells better than smart. to wrap it up: it's all about the Benjamins.

Yes indeed.

There is an old saying, "It all comes out in the wash." I think people will live to regret their love of Obamacare, their 'tax the rich' mentality, the vast increases in income taxes, and the other things President Obama will do that are bad for this country.

They, the media and administration, can say just how little this or that will impact us, but eventually, someone will start cutting checks and it will not be pretty. We can argue till hell freezes over about it, but eventually, we will learn just how many mistakes we the people made when we put him in office.

Bob Maxey

Upvote 0
Anyone knows that there is nothing about separation of church and state in any of our founding docs. Well, except liberals. Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, is exactly what it says, The government may not proclaim or establish any one religion as the official United States religion. People who do not know what the heck they are talking about, thru the years have construed that line to mean what they want. But its all good, our prez thinks we have 57 States, so whats the difference?

Yes indeed, NO STATE CHURCH. Not eliminate all traces of God from the public square. If you know anything about the country and its founders, you would know that God was important. God was simply assumed to be all powerfull and he was everywhere.

But the founders knew what could happen with a state church and they were smart enough to make worshiping God a RIGHT.

Bob Maxey

Upvote 0
We'd be better off if we could move "the church"* out of the country altogether, and rebuild a society not so based upon superstition, ignorance and hatred of people who are "different."

* I don't mean a particular church...I mean all of them. One can believe in a creator, if one wishes, without a church.

See that's the interesting part. We'd be even better off is we moved all the liberals out of the country and build a society not based on lies, half truths, hypocrisy and ignorance especially of personal responsibility.

Fortunately religion along with the right to keep arms and freedom of speech are freedoms guaranteed to Americans, so they aren't going anywhere.

Upvote 0
First of all, she is a big hypocrite. Now we know ALL politicians are hypocrites, but she is a step above. She was a partying, dirty whore in college and suddenly she became "born again" and is blabbering about abstinence. And that's just one issue. She's a politician which means she's a POS - end of story. Good politicians are so far and few between. The rest are greedy liars.

That's such a dumb thing to say. Look back to the days when people feared God and the church. The country was a much better place. People thought before committing crimes. The streets were safe and people could sleep with their door unlocked and they could let strangers in their house without being robbed or killed.

Oh yeah that was such a horrible time! :rollseyes"

I should note that I am not religious so you can't say that I am claiming that because I am a Bible humper.

Upvote 0
Even though I'm not a Tea Party fan I won't characterize them as anything other than conservative,grass roots lower taxes,less government and primarily favor the conservative republican policies.It's important to keep in mind that, like any organization,will have some that have their own agenda,their own perception of what they think the organization is about,what it means to them,especially in the early stages,but that doesn't mean the organization as a whole is bad.
Personally I think the ultra conservative(Republican)are the foundation behind the Tea Party,and if a candidate isn't conservative enough for them then they won't support them,at least not in the primary and only grudgingly support less conservative Republicans if their(Tea Party) candidate can't win the primary.While this may make you think I am Republican,or conservative,I'm neither,but I believe in truth & fairness and respect.Just because someone has a different view doesn't make them anything other than a person with a different view,labels really mean nothing.The most important thing is to support/elect the people that have enough strength of character to do the right thing for all the people they represent.
The older I get the more I realize that most people want the same things and the primary difference is how to achieve it,and a person shouldn't realistically expect to accomplish that goal by disrespecting the opposing view.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones