• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Shiny New GS3

Just got my first smart phone a GS3. Spent some of the weekend tricking it out. Got a few questions.

1. What is the best app or software to sync phone with Outlook over USB cable?

2. Is the VZ Navigator worth a crap, or just stick with Google Map?

3. Is SwiftKey 3 a secure app? Scared of the discliamer saying it can capture all keystrokes ie.....CC info.

4. Do you stick with itunes and sync with Mushroom, or just bite the bullet and switch back to WMP?

Thanks in advance for all help.
David

Welcome to Android Forums, scboy!
We are glad you have joined us here!

Most of your questions pertain to apps that I have not used, so I will leave them to someone who is more qualified to answer, but I have used the VZW Navigator, and I did not find it to be any better than Google Maps. I actually prefer GM, and the price is right too.:)

Reactions: OutOfPhase
Upvote 0
Hello and welcome aboard scboy. :)

The only question I can answer is yes Swiftey key is a secure app. It gives that warning anytime you install a 3rd party keyboard. I installed one a long time ago and got that same warning. I'm afraid I can't answer the other questions, but since your question is about apps you can ask here Android Applications where I'm sure you'll get a positive answer. :) Enjoy the forums and thanks for joining us. :D

Upvote 0
Welcome to AF :). I am going to try to answer some of your questions.

Just got my first smart phone a GS3. Spent some of the weekend tricking it out. Got a few questions.

1. What is the best app or software to sync phone with Outlook over USB cable?

Not sure I use gmail.

2. Is the VZ Navigator worth a crap, or just stick with Google Map?

I would stick with Google maps it sees to be more accurate and has more options.

3. Is SwiftKey 3 a secure app? Scared of the discliamer saying it can capture all keystrokes ie.....CC info.

Swiftkey is a secure app it is just a disclaimer.

4. Do you stick with itunes and sync with Mushroom, or just bite the bullet and switch back to WMP?

I personally use double twist. It will copy your itunes library and play list and then sync it to your phone.
double twist

Thanks in advance for all help.
David

You should be ale to get more answers here. http://androidforums.com/samsung-galaxy-s3/

Good luck and enjoy your phone. :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones