• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

ohiojosh78

Nov 24, 2011
Just got delivery conformation from J&R.com that my gray tablet and kayboard. My gf will be happy with me. She thought she wasnt getting it till jan/feb.

Funy thing. Checked my.mail after work.
Message 1 J&R "sorry to inform you. your order is.out.of.stock
Message 2 13mins later "happy to inform, your order has shipped"
Lol

When did you order from them?
Forger the exact date but it was the day after amazon had them. I ordered silver but 2 weeks later i was informed that asus decided not to make that color so J&R told me to pick a new color. No big deal right? Except for the fact that this was technically considered changing my order so they put me to the back of the preorder line. The more i thought about it the more pissed off i became because the situation wasnt my fault.

So i called up and demanded to speak to a manager. He apologized profusely and said he would look into why they didnt offer to let me keep my order "date" but just change colors. He personally got ahold of their shipping and receiving dept and told them that the first shipment they got in i was to get one. So i think the whole situation may have worked out in my favor because im not positive that when i ordered i would have been in the first batch.

Review inc soon.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones