• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Hey NoNamer, did your TP want to do a firmware update right out of the box? I hadn't heard anything of a day 1 update, so I was a little surprised.
This is my first Tablet and so far it is freaking amazing!

Yup,firmware update as soon as it booted up, didn't really take me by surprise tho probably because I was still in shock that I was finally holding this beauty.

Anybody having any WiFi issues? I'm either 3 or 4 bars,which is good, but I guess I expected super duper connectability or something, just wondering...

Upvote 0
No issues as of yet. Downloaded all my apps and even streamed a netflix movie to it last night. I didnt look at the bars though.
I am going to run some of those WiFi tests somebody linked to in a different thread tonight and compare it to my Phone.
BTW, some of those free demos in the TegraZone app really showcase the power of this. I highly recommend playing with those!

Upvote 0
Best Buy must have opened them back up then because I ordered mine on the 29th and it will be here Thursday. Not sure how I snuck mine in since I've read people who ordered before me will have to wait. I ordered the 32gb Amethyst Gray with Standard shipping in case anyone was wondering.

This makes me so tempted to try and order from Best Buy just to see how soon I'd get it. I'm still stuck with the 5th of January for Amazon. At least my dock is now showing as shipping on the 5th as well. :(

Upvote 0
This makes me so tempted to try and order from Best Buy just to see how soon I'd get it. I'm still stuck with the 5th of January for Amazon. At least my dock is now showing as shipping on the 5th as well. :(

My dock is coming Jan 6th. And my 64gb Champagne still shows 18th. My bestbuy 32gb still says backordered. So excited to get a dock before the Tablet.:thinking:

Upvote 0
My dock is coming Jan 6th. And my 64gb Champagne still shows 18th. My bestbuy 32gb still says backordered. So excited to get a dock before the Tablet.:thinking:

That's exactly what I was afraid would happen, and I'm still concerned. My tablet ordered changed to expected delivery on the 5th of January about a week after I ordered it on the 22nd of November. BUT, I never got an email telling me that. My dock always said we'll notify you by email when we have a shipping date (or something to that effect) and I got that email the other day. I talked to an Amazon rep over the past weekend and they assured me my order was good and would be filled by the 5th, but only time will tell.

Upvote 0
Did the wifi test last night. DroidX, Droid3 and the Prime. Tested next to the router, opposite side of a wall and then the extreme edge of the routers range. Each test had the Prime only finishing a hair under the other devices. (Like 59db instead of 58db). Even streamed a movie off of wireless through the HDMI port to my TV. Worked fantastic.
Also, now that I am thinking about it, I think my router is an older "G" model. I will try to get an "N" one and see if that changes anything one way or the other.

Reactions: NoNamer
Upvote 0
Some B&H customer support reps claim they have started shipping a while ago already, but no one believes that they are telling the truth since other reps are saying they've not gotten any shipment and don't even expect any before January (their website reflects that). In the three forums I frequent, no Prime's are known to have been shipped by B&H.

We received our first shipment from Asus Wednesday. All were 32GB champagne units. All were shipped Wednesday. We bumped shipping to UPS 2-day rush for every order we could to get them to customers before Christmas.

We've been promised a 2nd delivery next week with 32GB grey and champagne units. I am not at all certain there will be any 64GB units so I do not want to set unrealistic expectations.

BTW I am not a "B&H customer support rep," I'm Director of Corporate Communications. I've been at B&H for 15 years. I'm the person here who initiated the effort to get the units shipped yesterday bumped to rush service.

Henry Posner
B&H Photo-Video

Upvote 0
We received our first shipment from Asus Wednesday. All were 32GB champagne units. All were shipped Wednesday. We bumped shipping to UPS 2-day rush for every order we could to get them to customers before Christmas.

We've been promised a 2nd delivery next week with 32GB grey and champagne units. I am not at all certain there will be any 64GB units so I do not want to set unrealistic expectations.

BTW I am not a "B&H customer support rep," I'm Director of Corporate Communications. I've been at B&H for 15 years. I'm the person here who initiated the effort to get the units shipped yesterday bumped to rush service.

Henry Posner
B&H Photo-Video

I wish newegg would come out and say something like this to the pre orders because sucks for us seeing all these shipments and we have not got any updates

Reactions: bandhphoto
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones