• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Shipping date speculation

I DON'T want to cancel, nor did I ask for advice. Knowing when the money will leave my bank would be a small help due to the timing of my payday. There is money in other accounts, the baby has food and the teenager has shoes, it'd just be nice to know.

Please don't presume to give me advice based on reading one sentence. Now can we carry on the speculation please?

Upvote 0
43b96e5c-676a-3cdd.jpg

I may just be a little too excited :D

Upvote 0
Got this email from J & R regarding my preorder...

We are sorry to inform you that the following item(s) you ordered
are currently not in stock. We have these on order with the manufacturer,
and hope to have them available shortly. We sincerely apologize for any
inconvenience this may cause you. Please be assured that we are doing our
best to obtain these for you as quickly as possible. If this is a "special
order" or a "pre-order" item, please be aware that this email is
automatically sent on all orders that are waiting for stock to arrive.
There is no need to contact us for a substitution on pre-orders or special
orders. If you would like to contact us, please use the information below.

Upvote 0
so you'd rather use an inferior product for 5 years? and for half of the 5 years, you're suffering because the walmart glasses are falling apart during its EOL.

on something trivial, like knockoff bags for girls, I can kinda understand.
but sunglasses are not just about style. do you know if the lenses on the walmart glasses are certified for UV protection?

Way off topic, but if it saves me money yes. I don't know that I'm really "suffering" just because the lenses are scuffed up and look horrid. I couldn't care less if I impress people.

Upvote 0
I'll admit if retail stores get them before pre-ordered tablets are shipped, I'm going to be annoyed. To me pre-ordering gives you the "privilege" of getting something first. You show faith in the product by financially saying, "I don't need to touch it, I'll take one".

Yup, I'd be miffed if Google honors B&M stores before direct customers. I'm certain Google cares deeply at how miffed I am at them. ;)

Upvote 0
I'll admit if retail stores get them before pre-ordered tablets are shipped, I'm going to be annoyed. To me pre-ordering gives you the "privilege" of getting something first. You show faith in the product by financially saying, "I don't need to touch it, I'll take one".

Yup, I'd be miffed if Google honors B&M stores before direct customers. I'm certain Google cares deeply at how miffed I am at them. ;)

Google is huge on favorites. You order from them, you buy Nexi, you buy from the Play Store, they like that. That's why Nexi get updates first. This is also why I believed that we'd be getting ours yesterday or today because retailers get theirs tomorrow and they want us to have ours first. They want people to buy from them, so they will likely reward them so they do so in the future. I'd be surprised, and very annoyed like you :D , if retailers get them before we do.

Reactions: RichSz
Upvote 0
I ordered mine from Staples two days ago. Got a confirmation and a delivery date by courier for July 18th. Went last night to look at my order status to find it canceled!! A call to Staples and I was informed that they ran out of pre-order inventory and had to cancel some of their orders. Of course they never informed me. Meanwhile I had canceled my order with Google thinking I would get it faster from Staples. ( plus it was cheaper w/ free delivery)

Went back to the Google site and re-ordered except that I am now 2 days later in line......

Upvote 0
I ordered mine from Staples two days ago. Got a confirmation and a delivery date by courier for July 18th. Went last night to look at my order status to find it canceled!! A call to Staples and I was informed that they ran out of pre-order inventory and had to cancel some of their orders. Of course they never informed me. Meanwhile I had canceled my order with Google thinking I would get it faster from Staples. ( plus it was cheaper w/ free delivery)

Went back to the Google site and re-ordered except that I am now 2 days later in line......

With the level of how much I want this tablet, I give you props for not going up to Staples and flipping on them

Upvote 0
do you know if the lenses on the walmart glasses are certified for UV protection?

In general, just about all sunglasses sold by major channels will protect against UVA and UVB. This has been a standard for a long time. Oakley goes on to add in protection against UVC. From what I've seen, this isn't so standard.

Way off topic, but if it saves me money yes. I don't know that I'm really "suffering" just because the lenses are scuffed up and look horrid. I couldn't care less if I impress people.

Actually, trying to make your eyes focus through scratches and scuffs can cause a lot of strain on your eyes. Also, trying to make your eyes constantly adjust for major and minor flaws in lens design causes a lot of strain. Even really expensive sunglasses get this wrong a lot and cause your eyes to have to adjust for nasty front focus or back focus. That optical precision plus the impact and UV protection are part of what you're paying all that extra money for.

On topic: I was really hoping to get woken up by the shipping email last night. Hoping for one tonight. If not, then I hope they don't ship until the beginning of next week. It would drive me battier knowing my tablet is on a truck somewhere near-ish than realizing it is still sitting somewhere in a warehouse. :p

Upvote 0
As much as I'm hopeful for a release this week, I'm starting to think that we'll all receive them early next week. For a delivery this Friday, we should receive a shipped notification sometime today, but with everyone at Google mum as to an actual shipment date, I doubt it's going to happen. Also, when has a new product been released on a Friday?

I'm just glad that there's so much JB ROM development talk over in the Gnex forum to pre-occupy my waiting time, otherwise I'd go nuts refreshing my order status and this N7 forum looking for any small bit of news on our delivery date!

Upvote 0
Has anyone yet had the actual payment charged? I remember seeing the failed payment screenshots, but don't read too much into them. It's looking more and more like mine won't ship until next week.

I ordered on the 29th. My AmEx hasn't been charged yet, and I wouldn't expect a shipment until it's paid for.

Not charged yet for me either although when I checked the play store I did notice that I am being charged $13.99 shipping like everyone else so that means they intend on shipping my 8GB and 16GB in the same package so that's cool.

Upvote 0
Has anyone yet had the actual payment charged?

Not since the initial pending charge that disappeared after about 5 days.

There must be a problem with Google wallet. I keep refreshing every 30 seconds and it keeps saying the same thing its said for 2 weeks. I know it has to say shipped somewhere by now.

Upvote 0
Well I just ordered from Office Depot. Free delivery and they gave me a delivery day of Monday July 16th.

The website says " in stock" .

I have an order with Google as well... I'll cancel which ever one ships last.

im tempted to do that, but i do want some of the preloaded content as well as the $25 credit to play

edit- it looks like office depot does that also. hmmm

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones