1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Shipping date speculation

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Atma, Jul 5, 2012.

1. VeNoMzRevenge

VeNoMzRevenge Well-Known Member

So does this end speculation? I dont know if I can deal with this thread ending.

Advertisement

2. andoird213

andoird213 Android Expert

You guys are getting confirmation via your Gmail? Like you would when you buy anything from the Play Store? Or your just seeing completed charges on your bank accounts?

3. Nalej

Nalej Well-Known Member

Yea, I ordered on the 27th at 10:49:07 AM UTC-7 (What's that in EST?)

4. candroid11

candroid11 Well-Known Member

Still no charges on my credit card

5. Lando81

Lando81 Newbie

Ordered on the 6th. Sounds like I probably won't be charged till the beginning of next week with the order arriving by week's end?

6. the7nd

the7nd Member

Charged. I ordered on the 27th. Let's see this thing come in Monday!

7. carbondeep

carbondeep Lurker

I haven't received any e-mails about shipping yet, just a charge to my credit card.

8. gflare

gflare Member

The google play orders page bumped my order up to today's date... Hopefully that means they've charged my card as well. Still no confirmation email.

Ordered on June 29th.

9. Claghorn

Claghorn Android Enthusiast

There is a distinct possibility that credit card charges may take longer to show up than debit card charges. Since I happen to be looking at my card activity real frequently now for some reason, I've noticed that the gasoline I bought Thursday around 11am still hasn't shown up on my card statement (and you'd think oil companies would be enough on the ball to collect their money right away :).

10. GeoUSA

GeoUSA Android Enthusiast

Thanks for sharing that Claghorn. I was thinking it may take a while before new charges show on my credit card's web site. You would think the devices would be processed and shipped in the order received...

11. Atma

Atma Extreme Android User

Nothing yet on my debit.

F5 .. nope

F5 .. nope

F5 .. nope

12. andoird213

When did you order? I ordered release day

13. burtonvdp

burtonvdp Android Enthusiast

Nothing from Google just money gone from my paypal business account... Which is not a pend charge like last time.

14. burtonvdp

burtonvdp Android Enthusiast

AND my google order jumped from the 27th to todays date. Does Saturday count as a shipping day or just delivery day for UPS 2 day?

15. A.Nonymous

A.Nonymous Extreme Android User

Ordered on the 27th at 1342 CDT according to my email receipt. I've got bupkus. Google has screwed their users today and lost my goodwill for sure.

16. Atma

Looks like you can get one at Sam's Club too.

I'm glad I pre-ordered from Google.

Yay!! I'm so happy I pre-ordered from frickin' Google!

:party::party:

17. chimphappyhour

chimphappyhour Android Enthusiast

I call BS on the last paragraph of that article. Obviously whoever posted it is not familiar with their Nexus history. The last phone I bought from my carrier was the G1. Since then, I've only bought from Google, a N1 and a GNex.

Me too and I still am not seeing any indication of mine being processed.

18. andoird213

I thought it counted, but then I read somewhere that only USPS ships Saturday. If it isn't, then earliest is Tuesday I'm thinking. But, some people are saying Monday's the day. This is still a speculation thread!!

19. andoird213

Lol. So true

20. Atma

Order Date: June 27, 2012 12:08:18 PM UTC-7

21. andoird213

From @googlenexus (the official Nexus Twitter account): "Locked and loaded, ready to play: we’ve started shipping +Nexus 7 pre-orders today! http://google.com/nexus/#/7"

guyweathersby likes this.
  22. Unforgiven

Unforgiven ...eschew obfuscation...

I think UPS processes and ships on Saturday, just doesn't deliver. Too much overhead to leave airliners sitting on the tarmac, big rigs parked in loading docks to shut down that operation. Since most of their operations are B to B and they are closed on weekends, UPS doesn't do weekend end user delivery. So if it gets into their hands today it could be ready for delivery on Monday.

23. andoird213

I think you made me tear :D

24. A.Nonymous

A.Nonymous Extreme Android User

Essentially Google has screwed everyone out of shipping charges. Way to go Google!!!