• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Shipping date speculation

Upvote 0
I am echoing the same sentiment - google will never get my money directly for something they have on the playstore. Seems apple simply has better business planning then them! Anyway even if I get the galaxy nexus it will be from some third party at the same or lower price but never from google.

Amen and amen. Google simply can't be trusted with physical goods. Ever. Digital stuff is fine as they always have it in stock and delivery is immediate. Physical stuff, no thanks.

Upvote 0
I am wondering if I should wait the 45 minutes on the phone to call google just to yell at them and get this off my chest. I do have unlimited minutes on my account so that really should not be a problem.

What do you guys suggest?

No...I talked to one rep...he sounded like he's been through hell already and enough people have already done it. Nexus Support isn't running Google and not controlling their business decisions. Don't put the reps through anymore, it isn't their fault and they don't deserve it

Upvote 0
No...I talked to one rep...he sounded like he's been through hell already and enough people have already done it. Nexus Support isn't running Google and not controlling their business decisions. Don't put the reps through anymore, it isn't their fault and they don't deserve it

Was actually planning to call google themselves and ask for a refund on the shipping charge since they are incompetent. And yes my best friend got one from Sams club! How nice is that? LOL google LOL

Upvote 0
I ordered mine July 5th and still no word yet, I understand it's going to take time but knowing a date would be nice...let's go Google, seriously this is filled with ridiculocity!!

Welcome to the forums GoogleGirl. :ciao:

Do you work for Google? Do you have my Nexus 7? Do you know where it is? :banghead:

Upvote 0
It has nothing to do with tech and everything to do with the piss poor customer service that Google is providing. I'm sorry, but if you put your product up for pre-order it's not unreasonable for your customer to expect it in a reasonable amount of time. I will never, ever, ever, ever, ever order a device from Google again. Ever. Apparently a company breaking their promises to their consumers and treating their customers like they don't even matter doesn't matter to your, but it does to me.

I'll be honest and say that the launch wasn't the smoothest, and there will be anxious people, even irate folks.
But people (not necessarily here, but over at xda) are talking boycotting Google products and even lawsuits. A bit much don't you think?

And yes, for me personally, a day or 5 late doesn't matter to me. I don't care if someone walks into GS and out with a N7 today while I'm still waiting for GP to ship. I lived my whole life without a tablet, I'm sure I'll survive.

Upvote 0
I am wondering if I should wait the 45 minutes on the phone to call google just to yell at them and get this off my chest. I do have unlimited minutes on my account so that really should not be a problem.

What do you guys suggest?

Don't do it. The guys on the line are pretty cool but probably tired of explaining it all over and over. Not their fault, devices on the way. No harm done.
As I said earlier, when I mentioned to the guy I spoke to that Google should have said something, he just gave a little sigh and agreed.

Reactions: StreakTheQuad
Upvote 0
I'll be honest and say that the launch wasn't the smoothest, and there will be anxious people, even irate folks.
But people (not necessarily here, but over at xda) are talking boycotting Google products and even lawsuits. A bit much don't you think?

And yes, for me personally, a day or 5 late doesn't matter to me. I don't care if someone walks into GS and out with a N7 today while I'm still waiting for GP to ship. I lived my whole life without a tablet, I'm sure I'll survive.

A lawsuit is too much. A boycott of Google devices doesn't seem extreme to me. Why would you order a device from Google again? You can pre-order the same device from Gamestop and you'll get the same Play Store credit, you'll get it sooner and you won't have to pay shipping. Why in the would would you do business with Google. There is no advantage. You'll be charged more and get your device later.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones