1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

shocking lags on Samsung Note 9

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by gvm7777, Apr 7, 2020.

1. gvm7777

gvm7777 Lurker

Since approximately the last software update on 4th March 2020 that included 1 February 2020 security patch level (Version N960FXXS4DTA5/N960FOXM4DSLB/N960FXXU4DSLA) ....

... my device has been having shockingly long lag times. It had no noticeable lag times til this point.

Device care shows a score of 100, all good!

Are others experiencing the same? How do I fix it please?
    TIA ... Greg

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. MrJavi

MrJavi Android Expert

You can downgrade your firmware with Odin software on PC.

tube517, marctronixx and ocnbrze like this.
  3. gvm7777

gvm7777 Lurker

that's an interesting idea! Where can I find info about that please?
    Are any others having the lag problem?

4. marctronixx

if they are they are not on this forum. by default the note series is about the best you can get. the note 8 had SOME lag issues but the note 9 cured all of that. if you are having lag issues, there is something on your specific device that you most likely installed that is causing you issues.

if you want more info on flashing , there's XDA and the internet. there are not a lot of cats on this sub forum who are heavy into flashing. you are welcome to search the archives here for more info if any exists to help you, and I also encourage you to spread your search internet wide.

MrJavi likes this.
  5. Medstar1

Medstar1 Member

Boot it into recovery and do a partition cache clear. It is nearly as effective as a factory rest without the hassle of backing up your data. I do this after every major OS or security update to clear the bugs out. I also perform regular maintenance like weekly soft resets, periodically clearing data, cookies and history from my browser, using the device care optimization and making sure all of my app versions are up to date.

tube517, marctronixx and MrJavi like this.
  6. MrJavi

MrJavi Android Expert

General guidlines

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thedro...laxy-note-9-starts-to-run-so-slow-1090178/amp

Official firmware and flashing guide

https://forum.xda-developers.com/ga...icial-stock-fw-update-odin-thread-xx-t3825204

https://www.sammobile.com/samsung/galaxy-note9/firmware/SM-N960F/DBT/download/N960FXXS4DTA5/314366/

Theres a small possibly that your OTA update got corrupted when downloaded. I know of many active AF members like myself who are very familiar with flashing Samsung firmware. I believe the first link should fix your lag. If you have to factory reset be aware of Google FRP lock. Good luck @gvm7777 and welcome to Android Forums.

#6 MrJavi, Apr 8, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2020
    marctronixx likes this.
  7. gvm7777

gvm7777 Lurker

Thank you everyone, that is so helpful! ... Greg

MrJavi likes this.

Samsung Galaxy Note 9 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Note 9 release date was August 2018. Features and Specs include a 6.4" inch screen, 12MP camera, 6/8GB RAM, Exynos 9810 processor, and 4000mAh battery.

August 2018
Release Date
Reviews