• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

ShootMe (Screen Grabber): A great app, I recommend it. No need for rooting.

A

AaronMiller

This app is really quite good. Most of the screen grabbers I've seen will cost you, but this is free and simple. All you have to do is shake your phone for a few seconds to grab a screenshot. You can view the screenshot in your gallery just like any other picture, and share it with your friends if you like. There are some things I dislike though. The notification sound for when you take a screenshot is very quiet, for example. There doesn't appear to be a configuration interface, so you can't change the sound or how screenshots are taken.

You also look quite silly when you're trying to take a screenshot in public. But, regardless of these issues, the app is quite good and I've had no problems with it yet. Following are pictures taken with the app.

NOTE: On their market page, they say it is necessary to have your device rooted... I am using the Samsung Moment with Android 2.1 without being rooted, and it works great still. I have read that root does not seem to be necessary for the app.

0e23d62b9246d6e27f6472e9caad5069.jpg

3b0733354453a6d54630b666d11dc68e.jpg

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones