• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

shopsavvy - does this actually scan barcodes for anyone?

spooksmcgee

Jul 8, 2010
This program worked great the first week I had it, but now it will never scan barcodes. It will scan maybe 1 out of every 10 barcodes. Is this normal? It's not scanning them and then telling me the product isn't found, it just won't scan them and sits on "Scanning barcodes, please wait." And I see tjhe little green dots running up and down the bars. I'm holding my hand as still as possible, focusing on the barcodes, and even try moving the camera in and out. I've even uninstalled and reinstalled it on my Droid X. What could be the problem?

Alex here from the ShopSavvy team. Your problem seems strange. We are not seeing this issue with other users. If you send us your contact information we can work with you directly. Just email support@biggu.com and give us as much detail as possible:

Your Name:
Phone:
Operating System:
Jailbroken?:
Picture of a few of the barcodes that won't scan.
Details of what is happening?
Has it ever worked for you?

This program worked great the first week I had it, but now it will never scan barcodes. It will scan maybe 1 out of every 10 barcodes. Is this normal? It's not scanning them and then telling me the product isn't found, it just won't scan them and sits on "Scanning barcodes, please wait." And I see tjhe little green dots running up and down the bars. I'm holding my hand as still as possible, focusing on the barcodes, and even try moving the camera in and out. I've even uninstalled and reinstalled it on my Droid X. What could be the problem?

Upvote 0
Alex here from the ShopSavvy team. Your problem seems strange. We are not seeing this issue with other users. If you send us your contact information we can work with you directly. Just email support@biggu.com and give us as much detail as possible:

Your Name:
Phone:
Operating System:
Jailbroken?:
Picture of a few of the barcodes that won't scan.
Details of what is happening?
Has it ever worked for you?

Alex,

good to see such great support and attention from the Dev.

Good job.

I am going to go install shopsavvy just because of your post.

Cheers,

Upvote 0
I've been trying to use shopsavvy and it keeps giving me "local" stores in the same place in Ireland. I live in England. I have also set the default postcode and that does not seem to have any effect when I'm inside and hence have no GPS signal. Seems to just completely ignore that postcode and go to a random Irish town. I have not properly tried it when I'm out and about using the GPS for location but surely this default postcode should make it work indoors. It surely should work to override you current location in case someone wants to search in a different location to where they are at the time. Is this something that can be fixed?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones